Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Don't want to be in the cage with he's friend.

littlepigz

Cavy Slave
first of all i want to say that Damon is not like any other of the guinea's I had.
He's one of a kind.
I adopted Damon as 8 weeks old from a little girl who said he bite and she couldn't hold him. At that point i had another guinea who needed a friend quickly, so I Damon.

I did regret it.
When I came home i found out that Damon was werry agressiv and bite and jump on my hand everytime I tried to take he's bowl.

So i begin slowly to give him fod from my hand and 2 months later i had he's trust and he became like my dog.

Here comes the problem.
He's now so attached to me, that he tries to brake out of the cage everytime i'm going out of the room.
Now the problem is that he learn how to brake out of every cage i tried to buy for him.

Right now he has a cage in my room were i he poops and he has a dog bed in my room right next to my bed were i preferes to sleep.
I just hate that he's alone... And I hate to let him go free in my room when I'm not home.

I tried to put something at the cage's opnening but he got a huge scar on his nose trying to get out..
I don't know how to keep my boy in a cage without he's hurting him self.

I tried to put him in a C&C look a like cage. but he jumps out. (Yes i know guinea pigs can't jump) But he can.

Can I do something ?

I never tried to have such a atached guinea pig before in my life.
He's like my little baby, and i want to do anything for him.

How can i get him to stop attacking people that's not me?

have anybody tried this before??

He is 8 monhts old today.
Sorry my bad english, i'm from denmark.

-little Pigz

Damon:
Don't want to be in the cage with he's friend.

littlepigz

Cavy Slave
My other problem is that i attacks people who aren't me.
How can i get him to stop doing that?
He goes after peoples feets when they are intering my room.

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
hes cute too ^^

scruffytufty

Cavy Slave
could you try getting your friends or family or whoever else is wanting to hold him to spend some time with him feeding him lettuce? maybe that might help him calm down, i know that when my gingey lost her sister she became very jumpy trying to run away and chewing the bars so i put cushions next to the cage and she couldnt chew, also maybe leave him lots of veggies or hay and he would get distracted? and try lap time with him and get whoever wants to hold him to have him on their laps? just a thought

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
Put Damon on someone else's lap, facing you, and feed him some veggies. Then have the person holding him feed him some veggies. Keep doing this until he gets comfortable. Take it slow. What happened to your other piggie?
It's very dangeropus to have him uncaged-someone could step on him. Put him in his cage, and extend the coroplast or cardboard up the side so he can't bang into the bars. Make sure it has a lid on it, and clamp the lid down so he can't push it up. He'll get used to it in time. It's for his safety.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.