Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Does my gray white crested piggie (grayson) have roan?

figinwhistles

Cavy Slave
OG_RAVkWRlRxUJMaekqvhsIxot-TQvk88BxeKnW2kSg6qooDBbH4AVFiQoTE2MH-KPM_wP9XKyejtoGkahsdtBYJ3eUGex-h6Ro8DwWTl7yef9F9-dwtYzlVPkzicEC2NspQSTs-yvc
flQvx9IWTRwAs4cKGJuu19qOKQfoljS0lZIlmZUdXU4o9SQBknlMN1aXnfrO49KFmIvSv4kG568TdZmgdG40Vx17XZiwn8DBGlemuG3sti7GXMXCkGn-ViWI8bcyN2r33oyjXNT2G1o
yNAQ0Zcfd3Y9-TzSIEkPOSDuR28TlMBFXqmxoXirIdo7OaExdiJjwYZSsj4PUmLENLwZnbarXCEBTcUoWQnL1ExlLVc_6R1i2VLYrqLlb5-qvdRcW_RAlxoijAyM51gosD7c3dZI8YE
the blondie is his brother charlie and they are best friends :) Grayson is constantly sick and his colouring and health issues have me thinking he might have roan

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
Roans have pure white hairs intermixed throughout the colored hairs on their bodies. So brush the fur backwards and see if there are completely white hairs mixed in. My understanding is the roan’s health is no different than guinea pigs who don’t carry the roan gene. However, when two roans have offspring, a lethal white can result and they have genetic deformities.

figinwhistles

Cavy Slave
thank you so much!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.