Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance do dominance displays last forever?

Laura Rebecca

Cavy Slave
I have had my three guinea pigs for a month now. The oldest one, Beatrice is definitely in charge. She is also the most skiddish around me.
Anyway, she still continues to pick on the other two-they'll be eating and she will make them go away so she can have the haybag to herself, if one gets too close she kinda nips at it (not biting it, and not drawing blood or anything), and she still does this thing every now and then where she shakes herself while on her hind legs (I have a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9qLjCcln4&feature=youtu.be she does it at the 40 second mark)
I was wondering if she will always do that to maintain her dominance, or will she one day be chill and they will all get along?
Thank you!

Skae Rose

Cavy Slave
Doesnt look to be as too bad. My boys used to do that as well, however through the time they were together, they got along. Be sure to put multiple hay/water/pellet spots down so that its not a single target spot. Having multiples of everything seems to keep everyone calmer.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.