Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Didn't prep fleece...is it too late?

JinATL

Cavy Slave
I am new to guinea pigs and fleece bedding. I sewed beautiful fleece to my absorbent layer and made my own cage liners. They fit perfectly and look great. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that I needed to prep the fleece first. Do you think I can do it now, after I sewed everything together, or is it too late? Do I need to take everything apart and start over?

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You can keep going with this. It will be fine unless everything shrinks. Some fleece shrinks, some doesn't. But the absorbent layer may.

JinATL

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I'll give it a try.

prila13

Cavy Slave
Yes it may shrink. I had 2 pads shrink about an inch on each side. Made it awful to try to use in my cages because it didn't touch the sides properly.

BFGuru

Cavy Slave
I used to make and sell cloth diapers. It's not too late if piggie pee is like baby pee lol. The one thing I would caution though is sewing the layers together may make it harder to get clean. If you want one unit I'd consider only stitching one edge so they separate in the wash.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.