Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Decorating guinea pig cage?

ItsAmandaYall

Cavy Slave
Am I the only one who's weird about everything matching and a theme? I would LOVE to have girls and everything would be pink but I chose to go with boys so I have a few boy themes I like sailors and pirates..I'm thinking hammocks, cuddle cup, fleece liner etc.) Am I weird or are there others like me? Did you pick a theme? If yes, what is it and why did you choose it? What did you do/use to decorate it with your theme?

TCTrun

Cavy Slave
Haha..you may be wierd, but I wish I was more like you. I have a popeye the sailor fleece, army camouflage fleece for the pigs to burrow under, and a brown fleece forest. Honestly, it's pretty hideous!

ItsAmandaYall

Cavy Slave
Awww TCTrun you made my day! I'm jealous of your popeye the sailor fleece, I bet the cage is not hideous but artistic, lol.

sidhashair

Cavy Slave
I have a woodlands/forest theme in my main cage. I made fleece liners with brown fleece on the base and leafy patterned fleece along the sides. At the moment they have their summer natural wood fiddlestick tunnels as hideys. It works well with all that hay too. Lots of green and brown!

I think you deck your cage out in pink if you want: all colours belong to everyone, regardless of gender or sex. :)

ItsAmandaYall

Cavy Slave
Wow, everyone seems so nice here. I want a fleece liner so flipping bad but it would cost like $60 and I would sew but I don't have a sewing machine..I didn't think about changing themes for seasons, thanx for the thought. You're right about colors, just worried about people picking on me for the all the pink plus I think I'd feel a little guilty for making it too "girly" but who cares I guess. Blue is my favorite color and I'm a girl..well more like a tomboy..but you get my point
lol

Nicholle

Cavy Slave
You think your weird... lol i have a plaxiglass cage and i put window clingies up and i have stuffed animals for all seasons. I also have christmas fleece, valentine fleece, halloween fleece. I think we arent weird but rather very clever individuals. :)

MookaGuineaPig

Cavy Slave
@ItsAmandaYall - You should check out etsy.com- they have a lot of different guinea pig cage accessories, with different patterns too! They are made by all kinds of different sellers, and most of them aren't expensive at all.. I've seem some cute cage liners for around $25! :D

CathiiPiggie

Cavy Slave
Nope, I love having little themes too! I love the pirate theme idea :)

Petlovr

Cavy Slave
Thanks a lot! Now my OCD is kicking in, and I'm going to run to the store for "seasonal" patterned fleece! LOL-spoiled lil creatures! My cats are easier-they are laying on my sweatshirt on the floor right now...lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.