Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C connectors or no connectors.

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
I plan on making my tortoise a cage to slide in and out from underneath my pig cage. My current C&C cage is 70 inches (without connectors) and the book case that I want to use to make Munchies cage is 71.4 inches. I was wondering how big peoples cages are when they use connectors.

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
I should probably tell you guys that my cage is a 2x5

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I don't use conectors. They were too hard for me to get on.

Ash-Ro060708

Cavy Slave
Every connector adds about 1/2" side by side and 1/4" in the corners, but every "brand" of connector could be slightly different.

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
I kept hurting myself whenever I put them on so I really don't want to do so. This is what I'm doing with my cage though.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
WOW ! How did you do that illustration ? Wow. Looks like it is going to be an awesome cage ! You have a tortoise named Munchie ? Ohhh...How big is he ? My older brother used to have turtles too, a long time ago when we were growing up in Massachusetts. He now has a son of his own ( 14 now !) and they have allowed him to get a bearded dragon ! Cool, huh ?

When I do my cage over, I don't "plan" on using connectors either, because the ones that came with the cage kit bought from this site ( Guinea Pig Zone) were REALLY REALLY hard to get on and work with ! If and when I can "somehow" expand my cage I was planning on buying the Whitmore cage cubes from amazon and maybe those connectors are much easier to work with, I don't know.

Last edited:

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
I used the paint aplication thing to make this and just used the shapes that you have to use from and an eraser. It honestly took me about 2 hours to make it... I had nothing better to do lol. He's not very big, hes just 2 years old. I'd say that hes about 5 inches long and 4 inches across? That's just me guessing haha. I've always wanted a lizard too but my step dad is afraid of snakes and thinks they look too much like a snake for me to get one. I believe all of the connectors suck honestly. They are the hardest things to get on and you're lucky if you don't hurt yourself putting them on. It was ridiculous trying to put Stephaniedrew's cage together for her! That's why I decided not to put them on my current cage. The only reason I'm going to put them on the next one is because theres so much weight to 2 pigs in a 2x5 cage. Right now mines has a 2x4 ontop and it's just zip tied together but trust me... I had to tie it to the wall! Here's my Munchie by the way:

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Awww he is adorable ! Yeah..my brother had big ones like Munchie ! I think he had 2 maybe 3 of them. I really like lizards too ! The one that my nephew Joey has is BIG now..they grow pretty long too ! I would prefer a lizard that stays somewhat small though I think. That is a really nice picture of Munchie too, by the way.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
You're going to need to figure out how to support the middle of that 2x5. I have a 2x4 above another 2x4 and didn't have strong enough connectors...so I had to add a support system. It works fine now, but it would have really helped to know that before.

I don't like connectors but I think they help add more strength and stability. Especially if you double up with zip ties, too.

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
I love my munchie =D with this plan I will be building his cage almost 3 times bigger than the one hes in now. I couldn't have a big lizard! I would want those little ones... i'd like a gecko too actually. That picture was actually taken to "prove my photography skills" when I tried to get into my yearbook class lol. What support system did you use sdpiggylrv? Do you have any pictures of it?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.