Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage decorating ideas

Justine24

Cavy Slave
Yay! Just got my email that my girls new 2x4 C&C cage has been shipped! Does anyone have any advice on decorating or toys or what makes the piggies happiest? I'm thinking about trying to incorporate their old cage to their new cage and use it as their "bathroom". What would you suggest for the bathroom area, Pine shavings or the absorbent paper type stuff?

edcaguy

Cavy Slave
I thought I red your subject as cake decorating ideas :( I only have a chew toy ball, tunnel thats also a edible along with their hay and food/water. I don't think hinging toys are worth it. I may add a mirror though.

Justine24

Cavy Slave
I thought I red your subject as cake decorating ideas :( I only have a chew toy ball, tunnel thats also a edible along with their hay and food/water. I don't think hinging toys are worth it. I may add a mirror though.
Hahah. I do decorate cakes also but I'm currently obsessed with how I'm going to make my piggies new home into a dream palace! I spoil my pets like crazy! I tried hanging toys at first but Lucy wont have anything to do with them. So far they have one big igloo and I had a smaller igloo for roxy but she looked a little cramped and not having a pet store in town I used a a small empty puffs box and cut the hole to look like a door and put some fleece in there so Roxy sleeps in there now but that's all I have for them right now. Wanting to get some cozies but not sure what else they'd like.

CookiesMom

Cavy Slave
I made a corner of mine have a grid top (with an extra grid piece) and string strips of scrap felt down. the love it in here. That is where they spend most of their time.

Justine24

Cavy Slave
I made a corner of mine have a grid top (with an extra grid piece) and string strips of scrap felt down. the love it in here. That is where they spend most of their time.
Thank you for the idea! I just ordered the new cage so I might try and make one of the corner ones!

aurikan

Cavy Slave
Fleece forests, as mentioned.
Cuddle cups for comfy beds - all my piglets use theirs for sleeping for the most part, although sometimes they'll sort of just flop over wherever they end up getting sleepy. :)
Fleece tunnel(s)! Great investment, IMO. Hours and hours of fun. And when my pigs get tired of it for the day, they'll sort of just plop down on it and use it as a bed, haha.
A hay bag wouldn't be bad to look into either. Helps keep kitchen areas a lot cleaner.

Justine24

Cavy Slave
Do you know of anywhere to buy those that don't cost a lot or how to make them? Lucy is a stinker, I bought her a cheap little bed to see how she'd like one and she worked pretty hard but ended up getting it into her igloo to lay on it LOL but its to small for her.

grace&piggies

Cavy Slave
I have a litter tray with a small amount of newspaper cat litter in the bottom, topped up with as much hay as will fit. My piggies like to get amongst it! I sometimes have hay in paper bags in the cage, hay in dispenser balls, etc. They have cardboard tunnels and plastic igloos. I have bought them other toys in the past, but they just really enjoy cardboard and hay!

Tensonstar

Cavy Slave
I like having a kitchen area with a fleece forest in it and a little soft pillow under it, all in corrdinating colors of course, they love relaxing on my little flower pillow i made them. Oh and it all covered with a sheer fabric. they love doing alll there peepee there.:3

I also like to wrap christmas lights on the top of the grids.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.