Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Cage Bottom?

mukilteo

Cavy Slave
It says you need a table for a bottom. Is there a reason you can't use the floor? Thanks for you help.

Nope, no reason at all. Just make sure it's out of drafts, but you have to do that with cages on tables too. You can use the floor, set your cage on a table or build a stand out of cubes. That's the nice thing about C&C, the possibilities are endless.

Just a thought for you. If you put your cage on a stand you can store your supplies under it. It might not matter to you, but sometimes when your cage is large that extra storage is nice.

You don't need a base, but it can make you seem less threatening to your pigs since you tower over them less. Also it makes the cage less drafty and gives you storage space.

If you look under the photo gallery, there is a section where people have posted pictures of there stands. Alot of members make the stands out of cubes that they used to make the cage, it also serves as a place to store there supplies.
My cage is on the floor out of drafts and I have an upper level, I am finding that with the upper level it is blocking me from cleaning the lower level because I have to bend down to change the bedding all the way in the back and to get the pigs that are hiding in the corner on the lower level. I am soon planning on making a stand with the cubes because my back just can't take the bending anymore. Even with just a single level, a stand would help out alot from getting on your hands and knees and constantly bending.

Thanks. I hadn't thought about the storage aspect.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.