Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Bottom Idea

Bre318

Cavy Slave
Since I am having trouble with choroplast I found another option. What do you all think about using a large storage container for the bottom of the cage? I havent been shopping yet so I dont know if dimensions would work or if cubes would fit and such but do you think the ventelation would be good as long as the "wall" of the storage container were short? Thanks for all the advice in advanced.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave

Bre318

Cavy Slave
I would never decrease the size. I would only do this if I could get a large bin or possibly join 2 together. I was just brain storming.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
If you could join two or more together then it may work. Just make sure the sides aren't much higer then 6 inches.

Have you tried to find old political and promotional signs made out of coroplast? That's what I used for my cage bottom. It's not beautiful but it was free and after an election easy to find. Just go out right after the polls close and take all you want.

Bre318

Cavy Slave
You know that is what I should have done! But sadly I didnt. I really would prefer coroplast.

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Maybe if you look at the underbed storage boxes. The sides are usually around 6" high, so they can still fit under your bed. Of course you'd have to cut at least one side off of each one to fit them together and make it big enough.

I think I'll keep an eye out after the next election and grab up a few signs to have extra materials on hand. With my new office/craft room/pet sanctuary almost done, I'll finally have storage space for stuff.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.