Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Beware Hay balls are no good My piggy got stuck

littlerascal

Cavy Gazer
Wire hay balls, I thought they were useful holding the hay in them, i never thought one of guinea pigs would get caught in it. well some how one of the wires came a little loose and i didnt notice. One of our guinea pigs got caught in it. she must of pushed aside the loose wire while eating the hay and pushed her head out the other side. Lucky we were home and were able to get her out with in minutes of it happening, before she did any damage to herself. I will be going out and buying a hay stall for the side of the cage. I am really just writing this post to Warn others what happened to my Lionnie ginger. I would hate to have think what would of happened if we were not at home. I know most pople on this sight proberly know this i just wish i did before i used one in the cage. What is the best safest kind of hay rack/stall to buy???

PudgePig

Cavy Gazer
I put their hay in a shallow plastic container, that way they can eat and burrow in it. They love it! I put fresh hay in throughout the day and clean it out every morning because it will get peed in.

Nannub

Cavy Slave
I saw a piggy stuck in one at Petsmart a while ago, I told one of the employees and she was like 'Oh that's ok' . Whole body stuck inside of it.... not ok.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.