Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump Ball on my young cuy's neck

failur3byh3art

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone and @bpatters

The doctor wasn't in on wednesday but I left Yuna with them and signed papers for a private cremation, getting an urn/ashes, and paw prints as a memory of her along with a necropsy to find out cause of death. The following day the doctor called and explained that not only did she have that abscess but she also had one in her chest and stomach. He found nothing but pus in her system. None of us would've known that unless I had requested some sort of scan/x-ray. As far as we all know she just had that lump on her neck. Like the doctor said it was only a matter of time. The cysts must have burst due to the amount of pain she was in. He fed her critical care after surgery and spent some time with her in which the nurse did not relay to me. So she did indeed have food in her system. It was indeed only a matter of time. I am deeply saddened that this had to happen to such a young, happy girl. But I know she's not suffering anymore and I gave her the love and care she deserved.

Also, the doctor was nice enough to completely cut the surgery cost, and credit back in full the necropsy cost as well. He was certain she would live but we didn't know about the other 2 inside of her.

Red5Iam

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. She was a beautiful pig and was so lucky to have her life with you.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I'm glad you went back to talk to them. It doesn't make losing your pig any easier, but it's some comfort to know that she wasn't mistreated in anyway.

animalmadlover

Cavy Slave
Our dog just recently had to have an operation for a lump on his neck. They had to keep draining it and they attached this awful looking tube into his neck which drained even after he'd come home. He looked horrible with the dripping tube in his throat. Just feel glad that your guinea pig didn't have to go through the same proceedure. I'm so sorry for you loss, I am still hurting from my loss as well.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.