Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece As Promised! How To Lay Fleece!

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Hello! As promised, I made a video for you guys on how I get my fleece really neat and tidy looking on the cage, I hope you all enjoy it! I am sorry it took so long, How I have my cage set up, I only have to clean the main base of the cage every 2 weeks, and I wash my liners/pads every week. So today was wash day on the base! woot! I do hope this helps and answers the many questions and requests I have gotten about this! :eek:

I had to do a voice over/ narrative on the video, so it might be a bit off sync. When I recorded it, my boyfriend was in the background playing a video game and it got pretty loud, so I had to cut the audio all together :p! Haha! Hope you enjoy it either way :p

[video=youtube_share;OKXwpWj4i9A]

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much! I *really* appreciate it. Having it on a video is super helpful because I can actually see how you do it. So now, there is an image in my head to go along with your tips & tricks. Bonus! :)

Now, if I can only duplicate your results. haha!

jessieisabel

Cavy Slave
This looks amazing! I'm going to go try it, hopefully I'll have the patience to finish it haha. Thanks so much! :)

Also, your pigs are absolutely adorable!

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
Great video! I feel like a slum lord now:p! My poor piggies have to live with my not so straight sewing and their cage looks downright junky compared to yours. I loved your piggies eating their hay at the end of the video, they are too cute.

Annmarie

Cavy Gazer
What size fleece do you get. I seem to always buy mine to short. The width of my fleece doesn't go over the coroplast.

Levenn

Cavy Slave
What size fleece do you get. I seem to always buy mine to short. The width of my fleece doesn't go over the coroplast.

2.5 yards easily cover my 2x5 :)

Levenn

Cavy Slave
I wanna see some pictures posted here when you guys do it! :)hehe

Whispers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hey awesome video! I love the dub step playing in the background, it's one of my fave tracks :p

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Hehe. I looove dubstep and hard techno

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Great video! I feel like a slum lord now:p! My poor piggies have to live with my not so straight sewing and their cage looks downright junky compared to yours. I loved your piggies eating their hay at the end of the video, they are too cute.

A Slum Lord. ROFL Yeah, you & me both!

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
I wanna see some pictures posted here when you guys do it! :)hehe

I'm gonna officially go on record right now. There is no way I am gonna post pix of my shame. LOL

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Awww come on! Im sure you did fine :)

Epiphaneee

Cavy Slave
Awww come on! Im sure you did fine :)

Oh, don't you know it?! LOL ;) But so far, all I've done is choose a couple of fleece patterns, send my brother to get U-Haul pads & have my hubby pre-wash everything 3X with no fabric softener or dryer sheets. LOL

I still need to cut, place & clip it all into the cage. :eek:hmy:

Yet, after much gazing at your gorgeous cage, and then seeing how you make it all look so easy, I find that I am frozen in terror! Seems the procrastinating piggy slum lord needs to work up the courage just to try. Eeeeeeeee! OK, here goes. Wish me luck!!

CudsGwennyPash

Cavy Slave
Do you have your corners cut and sewn? I can't get my corners to look as nice as yours. I will sit in the cage trying to get my corners perfect for a couple hours and I can't get them to be wrinkle free like yours.

Levenn

Cavy Slave
Do you have your corners cut and sewn? I can't get my corners to look as nice as yours. I will sit in the cage trying to get my corners perfect for a couple hours and I can't get them to be wrinkle free like yours.

No, I use one solid piece of fleece, no sewing or anything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.