Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage A New Cage Coming Soon/ Also Other News

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
So I was talking to Mom and she wasn't completely on board and said she wasn't sure about 2 pigs and I told her not to worry it was like taking care of 1 the only time it would cost more is when we had to take them to the vet. We are currently making a deal and I will report Cage Measurements soon I do know if there boars they will need a bit of more space. I should be posting pictures of his parts on Saturday or Late Friday my Mom is really hoping it's Female as we have so many Male Pets Lol. Anyway we have lots of wood at home but what wood is toxic for Guinea Pigs? To build with I have planned out details so know stains get on our carpet on my Mom is on board with that.

Bad News -

A Guinea Pig owner which doesn't live far from me lost 1 Guinea Pig last Friday after a Partial Cage Collapse occurred she had build a DIY cage with 3 floors and for some reason the cage collapsed and it hit the Guinea Pig and it started squealing really loudly and the Dominant one started ripping fur of the Guinea Pig in pain the owner had to call 911 cause the grids and all the other things were jammed and after that she took him to the vet the Guinea Pig luckily survived and they have been separated her reason being is that the Guinea Pigs were separated do the she wants the Guinea Pig to recover cause currently it's very weak

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
No guinea pig cage ever needs three floors. Guinea pigs need a large flat area to run around in. The most you should ever do is a hay loft with a wide ramp.

Guinea2002

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
No guinea pig cage ever needs three floors. Guinea pigs need a large flat area to run around in. The most you should ever do is a hay loft with a wide ramp.

As You Can read that cage wasn't mine I am planning a Flat Cage and her cage was rather large and was probably half the size of a Standard Living room

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.