Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog A blog post I have not been looking forward to.

Blog entry from old forum

CanadianComforts

Section Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have put this off way too long. If you are a GL member also you may or may not already have seen this there.

In September 2009 I stopped by the Edmonton Humane Society. I had been looking at their site and had fallen in love with a sow. Her name at the time was Queen Latifa. I asked to see her and when I did I was horrified. She had a huge red bald spot on her back. When I asked about it and how they were treating it (It looked to be either fugal or mites) they said that the old owner said she was housed with other pigs and the hair was the result of hair pulling. I told them that it looked like mites or a fungal infection to me and the man I talked to said he would talk to the vets. A week went by, the whole time her photo and information stayed on the site.

On the 27th of September I made up my mind. She was coming home. So we packed up the kids and went back, this time to adopt her. Sadly they not only never treated her but I found out later that they had her age wrong as well.

After adopting her I took her to my vet, where I got mite treatment and found out she was about 4-5 years old with cataracts. Never the less we loved her very much, even knowing that she may only live a year or two.

We took her home and named her Eve.

Over the years Eve stole the heart of everyone she met. If it wasn't her sweet personality, it was her super fuzzy hair.

Eve passed away Feb 27 2012. She was approximately 7-8 years old. She passed away in her sleep. She passed away loved. I have missed her greatly and so has her cage mate Romeo.

Good night my sweet girl.

DSC00712.jpg

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I've commented on your GL post about Eve, but again, I am so very sorry for your loss.
Eve was a beautiful girl, and you made her last years the best years. I know she is so grateful that you adopted her and gave her a wonderful life full of love and happiness.
Rest in peace, Eve. You will be missed by many :love:

Wildcavy

Cavy Gazer
She is so beautiful; her ears are so cute. You loved her back to health and it shows in the time she had with you. I know she sends that same love back to you from over the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs to you and scritches to Romeo.

MissJean

Cavy Slave
It's a great thing what you did for her. You gave her a great life! May she rest in peace!

It's people like you that make the world a sunnier place to live in!

Amethysta

Cavy Slave
:( I am so sorry... you gave her a great life, and I hope that she finds peace over the rainbow bridge.

angie901

Cavy Slave
I feel so bad. I'm sorry. You know, I had a hamster who died right in my hands. Here's my story link. Read it to feel better.

(broken link removed)

My user is restpeacefulsnowflake. I'm so sorry!

go_ellie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.