Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

...?

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
It could have been said in a nicer way, instead of suddenly attacking her (I'm not trying to be rude at all). Isn't that what most peoples concerns are about this forum, what you've just displayed?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Denise

Cavy Slave
Nicely put, Poohbear! I think some posters are forgetting the gentle discussion thread.

pookczek

Cavy Slave
This is pathetic!
Ok, I'd love to see how you react when your brother or sister picks up your guinea pig like in that first picture - "but the guinea pig on the internet liked it - see, he's smiling in the photo." What are you going to do then???? Are you going to feel all self-righteous and egomaniacal? DOUBTFUL! You're going to cry and run to mommy and daddy.

That's enough.

It ends now.

Poohbear

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
I think this just ended up in the wrong forum. It might have been better placed in the Kitchen under the title "Inappropriate things some consider funny".

And I haven't seen anyone actually agree with the behavior in the photo, so there really isn't any debate.

Perhaps some mod will kindly move this to the Kitchen.

Thanks.

Poohbear

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
pookczek said:
This is pathetic!
Ok, I'd love to see how you react when your brother or sister picks up your guinea pig like in that first picture - "but the guinea pig on the internet liked it - see, he's smiling in the photo." What are you going to do then???? Are you going to feel all self-righteous and egomaniacal? DOUBTFUL! You're going to cry and run to mommy and daddy.
This is not a picture of a guinea pig. Its a hamster. It is ok to pick hamster up like that (to see stomach or to sex them). There isn't anything wrong with it- at all.

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
Poohbear said:
WHy move this to the kitchen? It is not heated.
Although the debate is not heated, I think some object to the graphic nature of the original picture. Personally, I think it is photoshoped and not in the least bit a problem. But, for those with more sensitive dispositions, perhaps they could use a warning.

pookczek

Cavy Slave
This is not a picture of a guinea pig. Its a hamster. It is ok to pick hamster up like that (to see stomach or to sex them). There isn't anything wrong with it- at all.

If it's not a cavy, then what is it doing in "Cavy Chat"?

pookczek

Cavy Slave
Thank you for moving it out of cavy chat :)

Sparky

Cavy Slave
wowza, it's just a picture of a hamster being picked up by the scruff, which dagwellismypiggy says is ok. firstly, i dont see why it is so offensive, also, people post shocking things all the time, how is this so unbelievable.

please ask for clarification before getting your torch and pitchfork

pookczek

Cavy Slave
please ask for clarification before getting your torch and pitchfork

I wasn't the only one who thought it was a guinea pig
But, thanks for your late reply "sparky" (hah) You added loads to the conversation.

candi

Cavy Slave
pookczek said:
This is pathetic!

That's enough.

It ends now.

It's a hamster not a guinea pig as i already stated earlier in the topic. It's perfectly fine to hold them like that.

pookczek

Cavy Slave
candi said:
It's a hamster not a guinea pig as i already stated earlier in the topic. It's perfectly fine to hold them like that.

As I've stated in NUMBEROUS posts (if you bothered to read) why was it in CAVY CHAT?!?! If you don't know, CAVY = guinea pig, not hamster.

Read all the posts before you reply.

muffin_401

Cavy Slave
It was in cavy chat because I had originally thought that it was a GP. Sorry for my mistake. And I apoligize for not putting it in the kitchen at the beginning and I apoligize for not giving due warning about the picture.

holli'smommy

Cavy Slave
If I would have found a picture like that, I might have done the same thing that you did, Muffin, because it upset me, especially if I thought that it was a Piggie. People need to learn to not critisize others, especially when they don't have all the facts.

misspigglie

Cavy Slave
I sympathise (sp?) with Muffin on this one, if I received this pic in an e-mail, I would want to talk with my FRIENDS about how upset it made me. I do think it is horrible to treat a pet this way, even if just picking it up. I would only pick up a pet this way if they were fighting and could not grab it any safer way. Please don't attack someone for posting an upsetting pic if they are just trying to share something horrible or upsetting, and want some closure (right word?) Thanks:)

muffin_401

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the support Holli'smommy and misspigglie.

candi

Cavy Slave
pookczek said:
As I've stated in NUMBEROUS posts (if you bothered to read) why was it in CAVY CHAT?!?! If you don't know, CAVY = guinea pig, not hamster.

Read all the posts before you reply.

Excuse me but why are you shouting at me?? What have I done??

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.