Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Adopting Looks like im getting this baby!Advise needed!

It looks like i can do a 6x2 in the kitchen :eek:

After reading the ad, I'd feel comfortable taking it as long as you have your mom with you and you meet this person in safe place during the day. Who knows where she got it from or what condition it's in so I'd be prepared to set up a quick vet visit if it's not eating or seems sick.

After reading the ad, I'd feel comfortable taking it as long as you have your mom with you and you meet this person in safe place during the day. Who knows where she got it from or what condition it's in so I'd be prepared to set up a quick vet visit if it's not eating or seems sick.
im still unsure on it though. and since she wont awnser and there are so many on here saying its not a good idea im gonna go to the rescue tomorrow, even mom says since so many on here say its a bad situation, she says were gonna rescue 2 at the rescue tomorrow hopefully

Ok guys! ONE more question! 2x5 with storage at the end for their stuff, or 2x6 no storage?

What are the genders. Females would be okay in a 2x5

What are the genders. Females would be okay in a 2x5
not sure yet, we still have to go look tomorrow, but id like to have the cage built. it looks pretty big as a 2x5 and i can either make it one more or add storage right there for hay/toys/food.bedding and such

I'd make it a 2x6. Regardless of gender, having more space is always better, and it means if you don't have time for floor time that day, they have sufficient exercise space in the cage.

I would opt for the one with storage so the cage isn't on the floor.

I would opt for the one with storage so the cage isn't on the floor.
oh! hey! i wasent even thinking of doing it that way, but if i do it lifted up, since im doing coroplast, i can do a 2x6 with storage i think! let me try it!

It looks live ive been pretty much approved for adoption at the rescue. i go in tomorrow to meet with the piggies and hopefully bring home a pair of em! wish em luck nothing goes wrong, and my allergeys dont over act and ruin it XD

Looks like im getting this baby!Advise needed!Alrighty guys, hows it look? 2x6 raised, storage under it. only took like an hour...now i have to clean the kitchen and find places for everything i moved XD i need to get a top for it, and coroplast still. but anyway, hows it look? good size?

Your cage looks great! Good luck at the rescue tomorrow, whichever piggies you pick will be very lucky!

Your cage looks great! Good luck at the rescue tomorrow, whichever piggies you pick will be very lucky!

I know I really like it. But I noticed I used the 8x8 grids without noticing. So now I have to buy a new cage at the rescue. So sad cause I really liked how it was set up x3 but better to be safe.

Aww well that sucks huh?

Good luck at the rescue tomorrow. Any piggies would be lucky to have you for a piggy momma (or daddy).

check the grids, my mom had grids for when we visited they were 8x8 but they were only 1.5 inches so the boys couldnt fit their head through, i think some 8x8 grids are bigger than others

Aww well that sucks huh?

Good luck at the rescue tomorrow. Any piggies would be lucky to have you for a piggy momma (or daddy).

Totally does suck! Lol I was like ok cage is set just need coroplast and bedding and toys and piggies. Now I need another cage. These were clearnce so I don't even know if I can return them xD

check the grids, my mom had grids for when we visited they were 8x8 but they were only 1.5 inches so the boys couldnt fit their head through, i think some 8x8 grids are bigger than others

Oh? I'll check! It would be awesome if I didn't have to get a new one

You can line the inside of the 8x8 grids with cardboard so they can't stick their heads through.

Rywen is right too :) there are ways to work with the 8x8 grids if they're not the size you need!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.