Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Litter Training NEW cage - litter box?

KeraMDavis

Cavy Slave
Okay so I added fleece into his cage finally. My next task is the litter box. I tried to make one but Kirby keeps turning it over. Any advice? NEW cage - litter box?NEW cage - litter box?

You could try using a heavier litter or putting a brick or two to weigh it down. I know you've already been told in another thread, but please expand your cage as soon as possible.

Do you have his old cage bottom? Or look on craigslist for a cheap store cage, and use that bottom as his kitchen, a larger rubbermaid bin bottom-if it's bigger, it won't flip.

Thank you will do

Just checking, but if that log is edible it should be removed :) I can't quite tell from the picture if it's actually wooden or if it's an edible one.

I have a large corner litterbox as my girls one, it's designed for giant rabbits so fits them both in quite easily, since you only have one I think he'd manage fine with one too. Just make sure it's not a teeny tiny hamster sized one.

Really? Why should it be removed? I read online he needs something to chew on. He didn't use the blocks I gave him, so I threw those out. I gave it to him to chew on. It's wooden I believe.

No it's a snak shak. It has honey in it which is not good for guinea pigs. They do need things to chew on though. Willow twigs are great. :)

Okay so he needs the little igloo house assume & twigs lol got it

The edible logs are bound with honey/molasses, and often contain woodshavings, which shouldn't be eaten. They don't *need* anything to chew on other than hay, but some pigs like to chew. My Minnie likes doing DIY on the roof of their wooden hidey with her teeth, and Daisy just couldn't care less.

Yeah Kirby likes to chew a lot & he really like that log I try to take it out but he just jumps around squeaking looking for it. What does your girls wooden hidey look like?

The edible logs are bound with honey/molasses, and often contain woodshavings, which shouldn't be eaten. They don't *need* anything to chew on other than hay, but some pigs like to chew. My Minnie likes doing DIY on the roof of their wooden hidey with her teeth, and Daisy just couldn't care less.

That's true, as long as they have an unlimited amount of hay, that's all they need to chew on. My pigs like boredom breakers though, especially their bound hay thing that looks like a carrot. I don't remember what it was call though. Sorry. Lol.

Also my pigs hay is in the loft so I like to have at least one thing for them to chew on down stairs as well.

You can find wooden hideys online or any pet store. Look up wooden house for guinea pigs. :)

NEW cage - litter box? That's the house, pictures in their old cage though. I've still got the cage for their 'emergency' cage :)

Ohhh that house! You would need to look up log wooden house for guinea pigs on that one. Mine looks like this... It's boring compared to Princess_Piggie's haha:

(Excuse the blanket and toy on top lol)

Attachments

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395162507.476544.jpg
I can tell just how old that picture is because when Minnie gets on top of the house now, she takes up the whole roof lol

Ha! Same here. Penelope was still just a baby in that picture. Now she can only just get through the front door. I don't have it in their cage at the moment because now that Maybelline is living with her I didn't want either of them to get trapped. Well... Penelope, Maybelline couldn't fit it there anyways lol she's a little chunky...

Thank you! You guys are so helpful!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.