Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior My sow won't stop bar biting!

Maddy6056

Cavy Slave
I have a sow named marah, she's turning 1 year old on November 21st! I've had her since she was 3 months old. I've upgraded her from a store bought into a makeshift c&c. I also got her a friend named Mukki. Who will be a year on April 27th. They've been together for a few months now and argue only a little due to Mukkis puberty. They share a 2x4 c&c cage and get floor time AT LEAST once a week. Usually twice a week. And I hold them daily. They have fresh waster and unlimited Timothy hay. They have a loft for their food so have lots of room downstairs. They have multiple cuddle sacks/ edible, plastic, or fleece tunnels, sleep pads and cuddle cups that I switch in and out of their cage weekly. they have a few chew toys but only really play with one. They get oxbow pellets nightly. But. Marah will not stop cage bititng! She did it a lot in her old cage but stopped when I kept her busy with her new sister new cages and switching to fleece! For the last few weeks she'll chew whenever in the middle of the night for about 20mins, it can't be good for her. She wakes me up constantly. If she cage bites I usually ignore it until she stops to not enforce bad habits. Then I'll feed her or hold her till she's happy. She my big attention seeker between the two, HOW CAN I HAVE IT STOP!? I don't want her hurt, what can I do? I think she's bored, she's getting a new edible hut for her birthday (don't tell) but she's always bored and I want to Enrich her life as best I can, ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED THANKS!!

I have a determined bar biter. The only thing that finally cured it was the plexiglass I put inside the cage. Expensive, but it works.

Are there any boredom breakers or toys that would help make her more happy?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.