Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What kind of cage?

• Thread starter *Piglets-Angel*
  • Start date

*Piglets-Angel*

Cavy Slave
Hi, I haven't been on the forum for a while. All my piggies are fine. Anyway, I can build my pigs' a cage as big as I want, I currently have two 3x3 C&C cages 2 pigs in each cage, and I can build up if I want. I want to expand to 2 3x3's with a 2x3 lofts, but how do I clean the bottom? The cages are on a high table so it will be hard to clean it. I will post pictures of the cages soon. So how do all of you clean the bottom part if you have a loft like this?

My cages sit on the floor and there would be no way I could clean a 3x4 main level, 3 story C&C if it was on a table.

I think you can put the cage on the ground my pigs do fine with it like that. I justa have a storgae level to protect them from any drafts. I have two cavys in a 2x5 with a 1x2 top. So they are very happy.

Hmm...my cage won't be near that big, but maybe you could use a ShopVac to get the mess out of the lower level? What kind of bedding do you use?

No, the cages have to stay on the table. I would keep the cages on the floor but that is not an option. I'm using carefresh with newspaper under it.

You can get a step stool from Walmart for around $20. I'm 6' tall and just built a third level. I have to use a small step stool but I want to get the one from Wallyworld to get up there closer. It'll be easier on my arms. My cage is very tall. I have my palace on top of storage, so its actually four grids high. Whew!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.