Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Aggression I really need help- behavioural issues, dominance. Are they going to hurt each other?

Kalene

Cavy Slave
You don't need a big cage to start using the fabric tents and houses. I posted them so you can utilized the small cage space you currently have.

Would I be able to use a towel, or does it need to be fleece?

lissie

Cavy Slave
Towels would be fine. Just wash them if they get wet. If you clip them up and leave about 1 inch gap above the bedding, they won't get as dirty.

Kalene

Cavy Slave
Towels would be fine. Just wash them if they get wet. If you clip them up and leave about 1 inch gap above the bedding, they won't get as dirty.

Ah, ok!
Well, after watching the piggies and observing their behaviour, and taking the advice from everyone on here, I think I've managed to strike a balance and figure out the right set-up for them until I can get the new cage. The more I look at them in the small space, the sadder I get, but I truly believe they'll be ok for a little while.

For bedding I've used newspaper and special paper bedding that comes in all colours (my roommate's rabbit didn't like that particular kind so she gave me half a bag, very kindly.)

I have two of everything, as they tend to fight over stuff if I don't: I have two water bottles, two places for hay/pellets when I give them pellets, and two places to hide/sleep that's fully covered. They LOVE their hide-aways, so i figured instead of freeing up the space so they can run, I'll give them both each a place to hide. They seem very attached, and eventually I'll get rid of one of them and make fleece forests, when I have the space. The purple hut was in the corner but they push it out every time I put it in the back and I figured I'd leave it there.

Finally, I put a fleecey-feeling hand towel in the corner, and my one little guy John has zipped under there a few times.

I know this is far too small and I know I'm technically a horrible owner because of that, but I really have no option but to keep them in what their previous owner had them in for almost their whole lives. I'm going to work towards C&C within the month.

And in this picture, you can see my baby piggies sitting, staring at the woman with the camera. They're so cuuuute EEEE.

I really need help- behavioural issues, dominance. Are they going to hurt each other?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.