Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dominance I just introduced a new pig to my other two and need to know if this is normal.

Guinea Pigzzzzz

Cavy Slave
Im going to keep this as short as possible because its 4am and im tired.
I had two guinea pigs (Momo and Jojo) and I introduced a third (Beansy) to them on wednesday, I followed all rules and did everything right.
Everything went and is going very well, but the thing is Jojo keeps mounting and spending all his time cuddling with Beansy now, and Momo is left out.
And I have seen Jojo chase Momo around the cage in a pretty intense way with teeth chattering from Jojo only most of the time.

Momo is scared of Jojo everytime he comes up to his face or back, even if he isn't doing anything to him, Momo will let out a loud shriek and stay still or run away and sometimes Jojo chases him all around the cage like he wants to attack him and it sounds and looks like Momo is scared.
No blood has been drawn, Jojo will just nip at Momo and sometimes Momo will nip back and start running again and lots of noise while running.

Momo and Jojo are about 4-5 months old, and the 1 month and 3 weeks I had just them two they were perfectly fine, none of this type of chasing, friendly play only.
Beansy is a year and a half.
They will all still eat together and most of the time it is nice and peaceful except for Jojo continuously mounting Beansy and sniffing his bum (I Know that is normal).
They are in a 2x9 grid cage and they each have a hidey, one of my water bottles started leaking bad, but they never fight over the water anyways (I am picking up a new one on the weekend).
2 food bowls and lots of hay in different spots and treats every so often during the day.
They all seem happy until I randomly see Jojo chasing Momo around like he wants to kill him and Momo running for his life.
It only lasts like 4 - 7 seconds, less sometimes.
Is this normal behavior? Since Wednesday I have not taken my eyes off them, so I know exactly whats going on at what times.
I know Beansy is not scared much anymore since he is now letting me pet most of the time and always eating treats from my hand and standing and begging like my other pigs.
Any answers are greatly appreciated because I am so confused about how they can go from best friends to Jojo chasing and teeth chattering at him like this at random times.
I feel so sorry for Momo and have been giving him lots of attention so he doesn't become depressed or sad.

EVERYONE IS EATING GOOD AND NO ONE IS MISSING OUT ON ANY FOOD.
Pictures, Jojo on the left and Momo on the right, my new guinea pig is a big brown cuddly teddy bear pig. Please let me know asap about whats going on, I don't want there to be a fight. I just introduced a new pig to my other two and need to know if this is normal.

Guinea Pigzzzzz

Cavy Slave
Not very short lol, sorry. Hope to see some good replies soon though, thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.