Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

We currently have a 2x3.5 with a 1x3.5 loft. I've been trying to figure out if there's a spot in the main part of our house where I could put in something slightly bigger, but this works for now. I made it so both the loft and main area have the front swing open for easy cleaning. I put the ramp on the exterior to give them more running room and to also make it easier to clean. To solve the size issue for now I cut an opening in one of the grids and have a removable ramp that they can use to get to the floor for floor time and extra running room. I have a second grid that we attach to the inside to cover the opening when the ramp and playpen aren't in place. ( I just realized I put the bottom coro in backwards, usually it's flush with the opening for the ramp).

Let's see your cage Pictures please.My C and C 2x4 cage for our 2 girls, Lola and Annie

Let's see your cage Pictures please.
My piggies got a cage upgrade for Peanut's fifth birthday... new kitchen and patio. They all seem to love it!

Glass, I love your cage, the fabric patterns are beautiful!

Keiralh, where did you find that fleece? That would have been perfect for Cinco de Mayo!

My most recent cage revision. I expanded the 1x3.5 loft to a 2x3.5, so now it's a stacked 2x3.5 with an external ramp.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

The girls new cage. Finally got the upper loft area done.
Main Area: 56" by 25"
Basement Loft: 33" x 17"
Upstairs Loft: 14" x 25"
Total area Sq ft: (9.7+3.8+2.4)
15.9 sq ft.

Whole cage view, the basement level is inside an armoire, which has the upper cabinets full of pet products lol.

Main cage and upstairs loft.

View of the basement loft.

A little shot of the "door" which leads from the main cage to the basement loft.

Pumpkin in the upstairs loft

I need to take a few more since we did this late at night, but Sunday is deep clean day and we had some new toys to add to the cage. I've kept up a garden theme with the girls so far, and I got these cute stickers + the windows from the cage store and added those in. I really want to get the cavy bistro next to go under their loft and hopefully help with some of the cleanup.

Right now the cage is a 2x5 with a 2x2 loft. I really love the new windows, the girls seem to like them, too. I ordered a few things that should be here this week and will update then with some better photos. ^^

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Featuring the lettuce line and snacks I made to make up for getting home so late to deep clean the cage. I don't know why I didn't get a better photo of the loft, will have to add one. ): It's just a small fleece forest with some chew toys and the hidey + puff ball.

Hello Bruce,
I am new to this forum and I came across your c and c cage as I was browsing the internet for ways to expand my cage. Right now I have a 6 grid by 3 grid cage set up but I have been wanting to add a second level on the same idea as yours. Anyways, my question is, What are those black bars that you use to support the upper level of your cage? I have tried to create my second level once already but it bowed too much in the middle and I have been trying to figure out what to use!

Thank you,
Anthony

@Bruceb hello I am new to this website and I came across your cage. It looks awesome! I was wondering what those black bars are that you have supporting the supper level?

Hey all!
Winston and Roger wanted to show you their new cage!
They are lovin all their space!!!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I figured i would post a pic of my cage! i made it about a year ago and it is around 20 square feet and is home to 2 female guinea pigs It was pretty hard to build but it was worth it! i made it outside then disassembled it then carried it inside, reassembled it then put aquarium sealant around all of the edges where the melamine and the plexiglass met. It only cost around 100 dollars to make and it very nice and easy to clean!Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Nice! Great job, I would love to do something like that but right now I don't have the room. This is my 3 boys cage: just built it to replace the two Midwest habitat cages I had them in. Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

I made this cage a couple weeks after getting my first pig :) I love how it turned out and Bella is having so much fun running around in it!

I like and I love the fact that you have two ramps because one always seems to block a ramp.

Plain is fine, mine is plain too since I quit using fleece. I love how it's not over crowded.

That is so true when you just get done with a cage. My dinning room and living room isn't put back yet and I started on Friday. When I first started doing c&c cages I could finish in a day to a day and a half. If I am done by Friday I will be happy, management will be happy I am no longer blocking the electric panel....

PS...

Nice cage!!

I know right, I got the first guinea pig for my grandson, a boar. Ended up with four boars and have five sows now.

Nice! Why didn't you just build it with the plexi glass in the first place or was that an after thought?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.