Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Hmmm, well I straitened out the above cage, thought I'd add pigs and see what happened. To my surprise it's all good so far. A bit of teeth chattering and chasing, but that's it. I guess I'll be running with something this size whether I like it or not.:)

pie_nya

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please.

This is Pigland. Its a work in progress. =P I still have to get the corflute base, but at the moment it has cardboard and plastic shower curtain.

Nix16

Cavy Slave
Very nice, how many piggies are hiding in there?

pie_nya

Cavy Slave
There are two pigs. I need to get a bigger hut, or another because they both like to squeeze themselves in there. =P

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
@Pigaletto - My family all worked together to make that cage from scratch. It's an awesome cage. We love it!

MrWhistles

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
There are two pigs. I need to get a bigger hut, or another because they both like to squeeze themselves in there. =P

I seen users use step stools like Step Stool | Rubbermaid to create a hidy with more than 2 entrances. I keep forgetting to grab one at my walmart. But seeing as my girls have chilled out I may not get one. Still crosses my mind often tho.

pie_nya

Cavy Slave
Thats a great idea! I should be able to get on cheaply at the discount store.

Sammi15

Cavy Slave

This is the cage Including my temporay dog proofing since we are dog sitting for a month.

Ownerof2

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
All your cages are amazing! Mine is a little different, Ill post a pic up later.

Colorado Cavies

Cavy Slave
My cage seems so boring after seeing all of yours. I'm going to have my first attempt at a little snuggle sack in a little bit here and I want to make a little forest as well if I can figure it out. I'll get some pictures after that.

boofp

Cavy Slave
Great cages I love this thread lol

Ownerof2

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
My cage is just a C&C coroplast base as i have grown out of the grids. There is a video by Laura Piggiepigpigs on youtube about how you make them on her channel. I got my idea from her, and it is great! It was easy to make you just need a 8sf by 4sf piece of coro (6ml) and a craft knife, measuring tape and strong tape!!! (oh, and a pencil!) and then your done! taaa daaa!!!

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
Love your cage Mr. Whistles!! I finally got my girls' cage built but I'm having issues getting them to use their ramp for the loft so I'm going to cover it and see if it helps. Thanks again for the coroplast! :)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
All of these cages are AWESOME!!! It seems I am the ONLY one who doesn't use fleece! Is it really THAT much better than bedding??!

MrWhistles

Cavy Slave
All of these cages are AWESOME!!! It seems I am the ONLY one who doesn't use fleece! Is it really THAT much better than bedding??!

In larger cages it is.
I believe that is what spurred the whole "fleece discovery". Someone wanted a healthier and cheaper alternative.

pie_nya

Cavy Slave
Personally I love fleece compared to any other bedding I've used. I don't see it as a huge job to clean up the cage anymore, its so easy. I just roll up the fleece, take it outside to shake and brush off and then chuck everything in the machine. Plus there's nothing to track around if you have indoor pigs (I found the paper pellets just got everywhere XD)

porkchophamster

Cavy Slave
Lol yes the bedding does get everywhere.....especially when they get excited and kick it up....Honestly, that and the cost is the only annoying thing for me. I don't ming the clean-up even if it's stinky.
If I am able to ever make a bigger cage, I may give fleece a try. They are only in a 2x3 right now but if I can make a 2x4 or bigger, I would love to try it.

monkeynthechimp

Cavy Slave
it was EASY to make MrWhistles. You just take the grids off it?? as i said, there is a video from Piggiepigpigs channel on youtube about how you make them. and PLUS, i have had it like that for AGES and i dont have ANY hassle with it.

I also have a coro only base... It was a pain to cut... But I would have had
To cut it to put it Inside the grids anyway! I still use the grids as the base and also to support my 2x1 kitchen... just made the sides high Enough so the pigs can't climb but low enough that i don't need doors or anything to get in and clean or pet them! :)

Nix16

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles there is one inspired by legislative by ruhanlin which I assume is the one being referred to. I thought there were ventilation issues with straight coro cages though, although they do look very nice

Nix16

Cavy Slave
@MrWhistles there is one inspired by legislative by ruhanlin which I assume is the one being referred to. I thought there were ventilation issues with straight coro cages though, although they do look very nice

Supposed to say inspired by piggiepigpigs not legislative, stupid auto correct :eek:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.