Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Flag CraigsList Breeder Ads

UG he wants $100 for him.

UG he wants $100 for him.

@BrendaMarie, I wouldn't just post it here if I didn't KNOW she was a breeder. I had already contacted her to make sure that she was "selling" the pig rather than adopting him out. Thanks

No worries I didn't think you would but I wanted to see if I could get him out of there just in case you had your hands full and plus I really would like to find a boar for mine

people that overprice sadly make finding a piggy a good home considerably less :(

I tend to think people that are overpricing and unwilling to come down at all are normally breeders. Asking for $120 for a skinny pig or $100 for the pig and his cage SCREAMS breeder. And she had no problem saying she was an said she would contact her other breeder friend if I wanted one cheaper. So I pretty much said nevermind and posted her ad here.

Nice trick to figure out whether someone is a breeder or not. What amount starts to sound fishy to you? I think $40 or 50 is a bit much to ask for a guinea pig, but I don't know if that should raise eyebrows or not. I would never pay more then $25 or 30 for a piggy, having found plenty between $10 and 20.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Washington has a bit of a rabbit breeding problem...

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Nice trick to figure out whether someone is a breeder or not. What amount starts to sound fishy to you? I think $40 or 50 is a bit much to ask for a guinea pig, but I don't know if that should raise eyebrows or not. I would never pay more then $25 or 30 for a piggy, having found plenty between $10 and 20.
Pigs here in pet stores sell for $20 to $30, so anything over that range makes me suspicious. Legitimate rehomers seem much more worried about placing their pigs in a good home rather than making money. My Amy was advertised on CL for $25, and when I got there, they threw in her cage, supplies, and even a bunch of grids, none of which was mentioned in the ad. They just legitimately needed to get rid of her and get out of piggy ownership completely.

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

Flagging doesn't seem to be doing much of anything. I've been on here daily flagging...how discouraging. There is such a huge rabbit breeding problem in my state. Help me. =(

If you post them here I'll gladly flag along with you

(broken link removed)

The pictures say a lot. Always posting new ads, claims 'rehoming fee of $15'.

@Xeygwyn What do the pictures say? There is such a thing as accidental pregnancies. Who's to say that's not what happened here? And the price is very reasonable. You'd have to call her to find out if she's a breeder.

@Xeygwyn What do the pictures say? There is such a thing as accidental pregnancies. Who's to say that's not what happened here? And the price is very reasonable. You'd have to call her to find out if she's a breeder.

The wall of cages is what makes me smell fish...not just the babies but like pet store cages from ground to ceiling and back a few rows too.

(broken link removed)

As little mentioned, it's the walls of cages with multiple rabbits/guinea pigs in a small area, and the rusty, dirty seeming conditions. I was looking to adopt another piggy, and I did contact her from a previous craigslist post of just some of the others without the cage photos. Apparently she has numerous babies she sells on a montly basis. I could be wrong, but the photos make me feel bad for them in such conditions.

(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)
(broken link removed)

This one doesn't even try to hide it: (broken link removed)

(broken link removed)
This one kindly references a nearby rescue as well. Ironic? (broken link removed)(broken link removed)(broken link removed)https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/grd/3052282467.html

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

Lots of rabbits.(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.