Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flags Flag CraigsList Breeder Ads

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
UG he wants $100 for him.

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
UG he wants $100 for him.

[MENTION=22808]BrendaMarie[/MENTION], I wouldn't just post it here if I didn't KNOW she was a breeder. I had already contacted her to make sure that she was "selling" the pig rather than adopting him out. Thanks

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
No worries I didn't think you would but I wanted to see if I could get him out of there just in case you had your hands full and plus I really would like to find a boar for mine

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
people that overprice sadly make finding a piggy a good home considerably less :(

jowasaurus

Cavy Slave
I tend to think people that are overpricing and unwilling to come down at all are normally breeders. Asking for $120 for a skinny pig or $100 for the pig and his cage SCREAMS breeder. And she had no problem saying she was an said she would contact her other breeder friend if I wanted one cheaper. So I pretty much said nevermind and posted her ad here.

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
Nice trick to figure out whether someone is a breeder or not. What amount starts to sound fishy to you? I think $40 or 50 is a bit much to ask for a guinea pig, but I don't know if that should raise eyebrows or not. I would never pay more then $25 or 30 for a piggy, having found plenty between $10 and 20.

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
Nice trick to figure out whether someone is a breeder or not. What amount starts to sound fishy to you? I think $40 or 50 is a bit much to ask for a guinea pig, but I don't know if that should raise eyebrows or not. I would never pay more then $25 or 30 for a piggy, having found plenty between $10 and 20.
Pigs here in pet stores sell for $20 to $30, so anything over that range makes me suspicious. Legitimate rehomers seem much more worried about placing their pigs in a good home rather than making money. My Amy was advertised on CL for $25, and when I got there, they threw in her cage, supplies, and even a bunch of grids, none of which was mentioned in the ad. They just legitimately needed to get rid of her and get out of piggy ownership completely.

MissJean

Cavy Slave

BrendaMarie

Cavy Slave
If you post them here I'll gladly flag along with you

CritterLuvva

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=22929]Xeygwyn[/MENTION] What do the pictures say? There is such a thing as accidental pregnancies. Who's to say that's not what happened here? And the price is very reasonable. You'd have to call her to find out if she's a breeder.

littledinobug

Cavy Slave
@Xeygwyn What do the pictures say? There is such a thing as accidental pregnancies. Who's to say that's not what happened here? And the price is very reasonable. You'd have to call her to find out if she's a breeder.

The wall of cages is what makes me smell fish...not just the babies but like pet store cages from ground to ceiling and back a few rows too.

Xeygwyn

Cavy Slave
@Xeygwyn What do the pictures say? There is such a thing as accidental pregnancies. Who's to say that's not what happened here? And the price is very reasonable. You'd have to call her to find out if she's a breeder.

As little mentioned, it's the walls of cages with multiple rabbits/guinea pigs in a small area, and the rusty, dirty seeming conditions. I was looking to adopt another piggy, and I did contact her from a previous craigslist post of just some of the others without the cage photos. Apparently she has numerous babies she sells on a montly basis. I could be wrong, but the photos make me feel bad for them in such conditions.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.