Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Yay!

Sugar

Cavy Slave
Hello,

Guess what? We're defintly getting Sugar a buddy and soon. Yesterday Mum and I were talking about her cage and I suggested we get Sugar a buddy. Mum totally agreed, because she thinks Sugar is just the sweetest thing and it would be nice for Sugar to have a Guinea Pig playmate.

So as soon as we get the cage, we're going to buy Sugar a Guinea Pig pal, which should be great for Sugar.

I just have a couple more questions:

- How Big do Guinea Pigs grow?
- What is the average weight for a Guinea Pig?

It depends for all guineapigs. Males can grow up to 3 pounds or a little less and females are a little below. It really depends male or female. Guinea Lynx :: Weigh Weekly! This will help you out a little more as well. Also when you say your going to go and buy one do you mean from a petstore or something different? If that's the case can you please consider adopting. Adopting a homeless animal is defiantely the way to go.

and be 100% sure about the sex of the guinea pigs... babies are cute, but bad

Poe

Bad in the sense that if she has a guinea pig of one sex and then got one of another sex by accident, it would result in an unwanted litter. They would be bad in an unwanted sense, not "oh my gosh guinea pig babies are horrible" sense.

Poe

Oh Oh Oh got ya. Ya sorry that was a mistake on my part. But ya that would be really bad if she one of the opposite sex. Sorry about that I just read that wrong.

Please don't buy a guinea pig - there are so many homeless piggies out there. Adopting is the way to go!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.