Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How to Make a Cuddle Cup (requires sewing)

Ragous

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the great pattern.....it was very easy to make. I want to pick up other fabric and make more in other colours!!!

Furkidsmommy

Cavy Slave
I'm in the middle of making my Cuddle Cup, but something has gone wrong. On the first instruction it doesn't say to cut a dip in the strips of batting, inner fabric and outer fabric. So I didn't do it but it's OK 'cause I can just quickly cut it now (I have tacked it all so far). I seem to be the only one who's made this mistake (I didn't look carefully at the picture, obviously) but maybe the instruction could be altered anyway? Well hopefully the rest of my cup-making will be uneventful :)

I guess you just cannot keep everyone happy. the instructions are supposed to be used in conjunction with the pictures.

fashion victim

Cavy Slave
Those instructions were great! I'm gonna try it out and if I'm succesful... new cuddle cups for everyone! I wonder if I'd be able to make some for my hamsters...? That'd be adorable! Can I use this idea to make some for the dog and cat shelters around here? Or to sell as a fundraiser and donate the money to some shelter? As soon as I can find out which address I used to get my credit card I'll start a paypal account to start donating to this cavy shelter. I don't mind donating my time and the materials because I have nothing better to do with my time anyways (LOL!) and I can tell mom it's to catch up on the sewing lessons I took years ago. Thanks for such an instructive thread!

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Furkidsmommy- the instructions were great, actually. I guess I should have looked a bit more more carefully! My cuddle cup picture is on another thread, it turned out very well.

hydrohoki

Cavy Slave
I'm in the middle of making my Cuddle Cup, but something has gone wrong. On the first instruction it doesn't say to cut a dip in the strips of batting, inner fabric and outer fabric. So I didn't do it but it's OK 'cause I can just quickly cut it now (I have tacked it all so far). I seem to be the only one who's made this mistake (I didn't look carefully at the picture, obviously) but maybe the instruction could be altered anyway? Well hopefully the rest of my cup-making will be uneventful :)

I did the same thing, but I've decided I like it for if they cuddle with me on the couch. I'm going to make the next one with a dip for in the cage. The way you could fix it is to cut down the final product and then sew the new open part by hand.

Then again I don't have pigs yet so I'll have to ask them what they want when I get them.

The directions made it a lot easier for me. Thank you.

grEEEn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

peppererwin

Cavy Slave
how much material do you buy at the begining?:confused:

Disney Pigs

Cavy Slave
A lot of times you can use left over material you my already have since they don't take a whole lot to make. If you are buying material for the first time, I would get at least a yard. It's folded over and it gives you extra to either make more or make mistakes.:crazy: Hopefully it's to make more. I have made sleeping bags/ cozies for my guys using flannel and cotton batting. I have a listing in the classified section of this web site for cozies and sleeping bags I have for sale.

this_lil_piggy

Cavy Slave
Anyone want to take a guess at how many yards of each material I will need to make 7 of these? I am not much of a sew'er , but I am going to try to pick the stuff up tomorrow while I am out getting next weeks veggie load, and attempt them this weekend.
Thanks!

Disney Pigs

Cavy Slave
I would figure about 3 yards of each material. If you have too much (which I wouldn't think there would be alot leftover) you can make more. It will also allow for mistakes .

Terekins

Cavy Slave
Thank you! I think your instructions are perfect (this is coming from someone who usually has a hard time learning without being shown). Thanks!!
Tere

Disney Pigs

Cavy Slave
I am very much a visual person as well. I found that pinning all of my pieces together and laying it out helps. Also write down in which order to place pieces and sew them. That way you will always have that to refer back to.

alexelizabeth

Cavy Slave
Thanks so much I'll be sure to go to the fabric store and make one asap!

Spudnik

Cavy Slave
Wow, great guide! I was wondering what thinkness the wadding is? On eBay it's labelled as 2oz, 4oz and 6oz, so I'm unsure which one I should purchase.

kristal

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the instructions, I made one and its very nice!
Kim

kristal

Cavy Slave
Can i make these and sell them on my site?
its to raise money for shelters.
Thanks!
Kim

Rachy1412

Cavy Slave
What size batting do you use for the middle? I am trying to find some batting/wadding and it comes in 2oz, 4oz, 6oz and 8oz. I don't know which one to use.

crazyflutist131

Cavy Slave
Thanks a ton for the instructions!! I was wondering how you could clean this is the pigs pee on it? Is it OK for the washing machine?

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
I was wondering how you could clean this is the pigs pee on it? Is it OK for the washing machine?

I hand wash mine with hot water and powder, then rinse it and put it in the washing machine on Spin. When it comes out it's basically dry. I haven't tried washing it in the machine but someone else might say it's OK.

jackie158

Cavy Slave
I know that this is an old thread, but I am making a cuddle cup and I keep getting stuck on the directions that ly gave with post number 5. How do I sew the sides to the circle? I am confused.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.