Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Behavior How far along is my Pregnant Guinea pig?

Sarthomas15

Cavy Gazer
I figured out my 5 month old sow was pregnant pretty early on (the people we adopted her from told us both were male) and have done all the research on how to take care of her. Recently i saw and felt some kicks from her babies and i think i heard some teeth chattering tonight (very briefly). How much longer might it be before she gives birth?

Smileandnod

Cavy Slave
I figured out my 5 month old sow was pregnant pretty early on (the people we adopted her from told us both were male) and have done all the research on how to take care of her. Recently i saw and felt some kicks from her babies and i think i heard some teeth chattering tonight (very briefly). How much longer might it be before she gives birth?

Your mention of "both were male" concerned me, so I wanted to tell you to separate the male & pregnant female immediately if you have not done so already.

A sow can become pregnant again right after birth which is extremely hard on her.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Back-to-back pregnancies are also very hard on the second litter of pups. And she can get pregnant within minutes of giving birth, whether a natural labor when the pups are due, or a miscarriage.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Yes, please separate them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.