Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hiding Is she sick or not?

K4tr1n4

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig mom(she gave birth more then 3 weeks ago) is sleeping all day long away from everyone else in hidey. But of coursewhen I give them food or fresh hay she’s coming out squeaking as usual but when some other guinea pig comes up to her she’s being aggressive. But I don’t know is she just tired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you know if she's lost weight at all? It's a good idea to weigh her a few times a week at the same time of day. Many times weight loss is the first indication of illness. If she has lost a significant amount of weight, or if she is facing a corner and not responding to you that's a bad sign and she should see a vet.

If she is in the same cage with all her young ones she may be weaning them and getting aggressive when they pester her. Be sure none of the young are males because at three weeks old they can get her pregnant. Also, as the young ones grow, the cage may not be large enough. Also be sure there multiples of everything such as hideys with two exits, a couple of hay piles and water bottles to avoid fights.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.