Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Possible Ear Ringworm/other fungus on skin.

didibangi27

Cavy Slave
Hello,

This weekend while handling my 2 sows I got take a closer look to their ears and bald patches. My youngster (less than 1 year) has nothing weird in one of his bald sides (clear white skin) but in the other there seems to be some black dots in the area and in the back of the ears. Also the bald area is larger which I really didn't noticed. My other sow (mother) that is almost 2 years has the same problem with bigger black dots behind the ear. But the edge on her ear is not smooth but like with little dents (both ears). In the other side, the skin is completely black which I never realized before. My guineas are so hard to handle (they really don't like it) so taking very clear pictures is very hard. They don't seem to have any crusty white skin. But I am still worried. If its important my older sow has some black skin patches on the legs and in her head. So maybe is just a normal black spot on the back of her ear like in her legs and head.

Thank you for all your help. Hopefully, I can pinpoint what it is as I am very worried. Will post better shots when I can. First in my little one. Second and third the mother.

Possible Ear Ringworm/other fungus on skin.Possible Ear Ringworm/other fungus on skin.Possible Ear Ringworm/other fungus on skin.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.