Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Dominating roles after illness

KChavez

Cavy Gazer
Hello,

I rescued a female about 3 months ago and placed her with my other female guinea pig. The rescued one is about 5 months old, and the other is about 1 year old. The rescued one had a URI, which was treated. My other piggie had also started displaying URI signs, so I also treated her after treating my other. My other guinea pig is the dominant one, but since the rescued one got over her illness, she all of a sudden has become aggressive, chasing the other around and attempting to bite. My other baby is hiding and scared of her now. They have never had issues before, and I am not sure what is going on. It just started happening this evening, they were completely fine this morning. Could she be in heat, or does anyone have experiences like this? Thank you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.