Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Baby guinea pig died after a few months.

cheesepuff

Cavy Gazer
Hello everyone,

My guinea pig, cheese, unexpectedly had a baby after adopting her from a previous owner. Everything was well, and her baby was pretty lively after birth. It has been three months, and a few days ago Chorizo (the baby) was extremely lethargic. Even after trying to give them some of their favorite veggies he would not stand up or run up, at some point he even began twitching with his eyes rolled back. I frantically took him to the vet thinking they were seizures. The vet had told me that it was dehydration, Chorizo did not last more than two hours in the condition. He had not show. any sort of symptom or behavior like that before. I am not sure why he was dehydrated as I constantly have their waters filled and give them veggies with water contents. I am afraid it will happen to my adult guinea. Does anyone have any idea on what I did wrong or what it could had been. Thanks.

4boipigs

Valued Contributor
Cavy Slave
Sorry to hear about your baby. I probably won't have an answer for you. Did the vet do any diagnostic testing, send you home with any meds, etc? Did Chorizo pass at home or the vet?

Anawilliam850

Cavy Gazer
I'm so sorry for your lost!

cheesepuff

Cavy Gazer
Sorry to hear about your baby. I probably won't have an answer for you. Did the vet do any diagnostic testing, send you home with any meds, etc? Did Chorizo pass at home or the vet?
The vet had said that chorizo was dehydrated, he did not do any testing. We took chorizo home so that my other cavies could have said their goodbyes.

TinyPiggy

Cavy Slave
I’m so sorry for your loss! Popcorn high on the rainbow bridge, little one. Those small paws leave such big holes in our hearts…

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.