Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General I'm not quite sure what's happening

Jadetheloner

Cavy Slave
My cavy Midnight, he's losing hair, i'm not sure if its normal shedding or if its mites. I recently cleaned his cage and such. I also feel like he's not gaining weight like he should be. On the off chance he doesn't get his pellets, or vitamin C tablet (not very often), he has hay no matter what. My sister is in school to be a vet, but she doesn't exactly like me. So i don't want to go directly to her if i dont have to. I know i should but i dont want her to yell at me.

Guinepigmom_2.0

Cavy Slave

XpancakeX

Cavy Slave
it also kinda depends on how much hair. one of my piggies shed less then my other one. do they shed when you pet them? do they scratch a lot more often? i'm not a guinea pig expert but if hes scratching a lot he might have mites. but this is my theory soooo don't take it too seriously..
edit: but i hope it helps!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Are you just seeing loose hair all over the cage, or are there places on the guinea pig where the hair is definitely thin? Because guinea pigs normally shed a lot of hair.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.