Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

New from Florida

PippathePig

Cavy Gazer
Hello all, I am new here. I used to own piggies a long time ago, but went on to college and have kids. I finally felt ready and to the point that I wanted piggies in my life again, so yesterday I adopted a little sow. There was only 1 sow available, so I am now on the hunt for another young sow to introduce to her so she has a friend. I'm working on a C&C cage this weekend, I forgot how fun it used to be to design and build them! I'm planning on a 2' X 6' or a 3' X 6' cage. Do you feel that is adequate room for 2 piggies? I also plan on using fleece for bedding, how does everyone clean their fleece? Machine wash? Hand wash, and hang to dry? In the meantime she is in a 2' X 3' cage, not ideal but will at least get me to the weekend.

If anyone knows of any reputable rescues in the central Florida area I am looking to adopt another sow! I refuse to buy from a pet store, or a breeder. So, looking for a rescue piggie that hopefully is young enough to integrate with my girl. She was born January 2nd. Thanks guys!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.