Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Weight Loss When to be alarmed

Artista

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
2 weeks ago Bella Rose was weighed at the vet. 968 g. Today I weighed her and she weighs 24 g less at 944 g. Peppers are still evil so luckily she's taking the vita c drops in a syringe. Her activity is up and down. She did zoomies this am and loves playing go find the pieces of lettuce. Other than the peppers ban she eats ok. Poops are ok, sometimes one or two smooshed from stepping on it or too small or tear drop. She usually drinks a lot of water and most days does. She's interactive with me.

She does have a second opinion new patient appt on Wed afternoon with this other exotic vet who by all accounts, including from cavie house member here who had surgeries with Dr. Curt Nakamura in los gatos ca, is very experienced.

I've called and no openings sooner. They do have other vets in the days leading up to wed in case I need urgent care. They have some experience with gps but Dr. Nakamura is the best.
I'll weigh her daily now. I quit cutting her kms pellets to 1 Tbsp and is back to 2 Tbsp from a couple days ago. At what point do I go for urgent care, what weight loss should send me there?

TIA

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.