Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Failed Liners- Homemade Better?

thistlewriter

Cavy Slave
So I mentioned in another thread that I bought two liners from Krate and Kage earlier this month. They were not pre-wicked, so I tried wicking them myself. Yesterday was wicking attempt #5 with unscented detergent, Borax, vinegar, hot water, and air drying, and it failed yet again. I checked the tag on the fleece, which says it's 100% polyester, but I don't believe the fleece is anti-pill, which may be why I'm having so much difficulty with wicking it. Not to mention that the fleece now permanently smells like laundry detergent, and I can't get rid of the smell, no matter what. The company has offered me a refund for the fleece, which I'm tempted to take and go for something else.

However, because buying two sets of fleece liners for a 2 x 5 cage is really expensive, I'm tempted to make my own fleece liners with the help of a family member who can sew. Does anyone have any good links or other recommendations for making one's own fleece liners with U-haul pads? Or is there another option I should consider for fleece liners? Some advice is much needed! Thanks!

SSLee

Cavy Slave
There are many videos available on YouTube that will show you how to make a fleece liner. I have spent many a lunch hour watching those videos even though I don't sew and bought my liners from GuineaDad.

spy9doc

Cavy Slave
These links are somewhat dated, but still good nevertheless.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.