Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General How to keep food seperate

Mannmiller4

Cavy Slave
I have three Guinea pigs approx 6 months of age. I have been feeding them unlimited pellets which is what the oxbow young pig packaging says to do. Now we are switching to the adult pig pellets and it says 1/8 cup a day per pig. How am I supposed to monitor how much each pig is eating so that some don't get more than others?

I have three Guinea pigs approx 6 months of age. I have been feeding them unlimited pellets which is what the oxbow young pig packaging says to do. Now we are switching to the adult pig pellets and it says 1/8 cup a day per pig. How am I supposed to monitor how much each pig is eating so that some don't get more than others?
I would weigh the guinea pigs and make sure one is not losing more weight than usual and one is not gaining more weight than usual.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

By giving them smaller amounts and putting them on a scheduled feeding helps. I have 4 piggies all together and one was a baby. I feed them around 6:30 in the morning 1 tablespoon each in 4 little dishes and just pellets no veggies. They get their veggies just before I leave and usually their dishes are empty. Same thing when I come back from work around 4:30 and they get their veggies around 7ish when it's floor time. Sometimes around 10 I'll throw something in there because they sit there and watch me watch tv...

[video]https://www.facebook.com/lesdoudousamogzetoc/videos/1215102201959820/[/video]

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.