Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Ivermectin Tractor Supply Help : Which Ivermectin do I buy?

Paticakes25

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone!

Im a new piggie mommy and I suspect my piggie has mites and a Fungal problem. I'm heading to the Tractor Supply but I'm confused as to which Ivermectin to buy.

There is this one:
(broken link removed)

and this one:
(broken link removed)

Im on a budget and was planning on getting the second one. But Im not 100% if that one can be used?

TIA :)

The second Ivermectin you linked (this one (broken link removed) ) is better as it is a weaker concentration so is actually more ideal for treating an animal as small as a guinea pig. If you get the second one here is the correct dosage chart for the topical treatment of guinea pigs with that concentration of ivermectin https://www.guinealynx.info/topical_ivermectin_pour-on.html

The Ivermectin will only address the mites issue, you will need to do something else to treat the fungus. I will however advise that you not wash your guinea pig until you have done a full course of treatment with ivermectin (3 treatments, each administered 1 week apart), as bathing a guinea pig who has mites causes intense itching and can even trigger seizures if the mite infestation is bad enough.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.