Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introduction to my piggies: Noodle, Frisk, and Marius!

noodleandfrisk

Cavy Slave
(All of these pictures were taken in their outdoor pen, which is about 5x4 - sorry about the bars in the background!)
Noodle! This was my first piggie, and I love her to bits. She was given back to the pet store by a previous owner, and was very shy and nervous: this was a big part of what drove me to take her in. It broke my heart that anyone would give up such a beautiful, sweet animal. Within a week of having taken her home and working with her to get her used to me, she became much more energetic and active; she was climbing around, purring when I held her, and came to greet me when I opened the door to my room. A little less than a month later, I noticed that she was putting on weight--this was before I had a scale, mind you, so this was going by looks. Now, I'm a bit oblivious, but it was pretty clear; and it turned out after a trip to the vet that she was pregnant. I was understandably a bit panicky about it. I'd owned rabbits before, one of which was pregnant - and I knew how hard it could be, and how much could go wrong for small animals. Luckily, everything went great; she bounced right back, is an excellent mother, and is healthy and talkative as ever!
Frisk! Frisk was the only female of Noodle's four pups, and the smallest of them. She was very skittish at first, but quickly became attached to me and can't stand when I pay attention to her brother instead of her. She's friendly and loves to be carried around or held under your chin. She's very energetic and isn't afraid to explore and climb (especially up shirts and jackets, unfortunately for me), and she loves her mama to bits. They's very close, and almost always together! Most likely to steal your heart (and food from her mother).
Marius! He got his name from two factors - how sweet he is, and how clumsy he is. Within one hour of being born, he kept trying to climb over his brothers and sister (and the log and food bowl) and tumbling off. Don't worry, he's much less of a klutz now; he's got a better handle on what he can and can't make his way over. He's probably the loudest of the piggies, and likes to yell at me when I make the slightest noise in the middle of the night (read: I sneeze, he wheeks, then so do the others). Very fond of climbing into sleeves if he's given the opportunity. Notorious pencil thief. Starts riots at 3 am almost nightly.

oh my gosh they are so cute! and I love your descriptions of their personalities!!

Welcome aboard fellow east coast cavys. You are all so cute. And mama, isn't it fun having the family members together? Very sweet!

Great description of and introduction to your cavies! Did you find homes for the other siblings?

I too am curious as to where the other siblings went. Also, are you planning on getting Marius neutered so he can continue living with his mom and sister? They are so cute! Like I say to almost every member who posts pictures of their adorable cavies, I'm so jealous!!! You are very lucky to have them. They all sound so sweet :) Love their beautiful coats as well.

One went to my younger sister (who lives in the same house as I), and one went to one of my best friends, who has a lot of experience with guinea pigs and small animals!

I'm hoping I can! There is only one vet within an hour of me that deals with guinea pigs, and they are incredibly expensive; hopefully I will be able to save up money for it, but as of now, our solution is to let him and his brother live together.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.