Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Squeaking when peeing after UTI treatment?

Crowie

Cavy Slave
My piggy Archie was diagnosed with UTI and given the proper treatment a few days ago, which was a few injections. His sympthoms were blood in the urine and crying while peeing/pooping.
Now there's no more blood, but he still squeaks. Granted, not as much as before, but it seems he's still in pain and it's been 3 days since the last injection. Apart from that he plays and eats and drinks regularly and seems quite happy.
I'm told it might be bladder stones, and I will take him to the vet again for a check up and X-ray, but since I'm a bit short on money right now I want to know if this is urgent or if bladder stones are a real possibility and this isn't just him healing after the previous treatment. If this is the case I will definitely take him right away.
He's 1 month old, if that makes any difference.
Thanks a lot!

It sounds like stones to me I would take him to the vet for an x ray

Bladder stones are a real possibility, and they're not something you can postpone treatment for. If a stone falls down into the urethra and blocks it, the pig can die a very painful death.

Did they do x-rays when you took him in before? Because the crying while pooping is a classic sign of stones, and they should have x-rayed him then.

Sorry for the late update but I took him to the vet and he had sludge, it was about to become a stone so I'm glad I took him! He's doing a lot better now, he's taking a pill and I replaced the pellets completely for veggies, as this is what they advised me to do. Thank you for your replies!

If he is off of pellets completely I would recommend getting multivitamins to ensure he is getting what he needs.

I'm not sure if there'll be any available in my country, but I'll look into it! Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.