Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Pregnant Guinea Pig Questions

Lexiboos

Cavy Gazer
Recently I got a pregnant guinea pig and I'm not quite sure what to do for her. I have two other girls so I know how to take care of guinea pigs just not pregnant ones. Her name is Virsis she's a teddy and I got her 6 weeks ago so she's at minimum 6 weeks pregnant. I was wondering if i should separate her from the other girls. They aren't mean to her or anything, and she yells when i take the others from the cage. My younger girl likes to sniff at Virsis stomach does that mean anything? And one last thing how many do you guys think she's going to have. I attachedphotos of her below.(She looks a little bigger when she laying down.) If you guys have any other tips that would be awesome to thanks! Pregnant Guinea Pig QuestionsPregnant Guinea Pig Questions

jaycriae

Cavy Slave
As long as there's enough room and you're 100% sure they're all girls there's no need to separate them, most sows make great aunts. The sniffing probably is just curiosity, like when we feel a pregnant person's belly. And only a vet and scan can tell you how many babies there will be- 1 big baby and 3 small ones can look the same from the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.