Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pregnancy Is My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures Included

TheBabyCavyQuee

Cavy Gazer
Hello, My Female has been suspected pregnant for a bit over 2 months... She is still growing but is at a healthy weight, I can occasionally feel movements but I cannot feel her pelvic bones for the life of me because of her size.... I have pictures below... Is she pregnant or is this ovarian cysts she has had one other litter from when I first got her she is just as big if not bigger other than that she had an accidental stillborn and I cannot tell if she is pregnant or how far along she is.... I need help she is old and I am worried by old I mean 6 1/2 Years...... HELP PLEASE
Is My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures Included

TheBabyCavyQuee

Cavy Gazer
More Pictures
Is My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures IncludedIs My Pig Pregnant or have Ovarian Cysts Over 2 Months Pictures Included

pinky

Cavy Slave
Both of those scenarios are serious so I'd recommend you have her checked by an exotic vet to rule out one or the other. If she is pregnant at that age, she's at risk so you'd need to have a good exotic vet lined up, anyway.

TheBabyCavyQuee

Cavy Gazer
Sadly there are no exotic vets within a good 2 hours and we dont have the funds either even if there was one.
She was last with a male during floor time.... that has been the only time, and when I clean their cages. Problem is she already is just a cranky piggy... she has been a bit less of one lately though her nipples have been a little crusty lately but I have seen no hair loss the strangest thing is they have been supervized while together and we never saw them mate... my male rumble struts every now to then but she normally attacks him when and if he does. The last time they were together without supervision was only a minute or two was about two months ago when we were transfering their cages but they were under supervision... I am so worried because her age... and the fact I cannot take her to a vet! I don't know what to do! I am terrified I will lose her soon.....

peachyteen

Cavy Slave
I suggest, since you can't afford a vet bill, to give her (or both pigs) to a rescue where they can get proper care.

PeanutnCookie

Cavy Slave
Guinea pigs can mate within seconds, even when you turn for just a minute. They shouldn't be put together during floor time or anytime, because there is a good chance she will get pregnant. I don't know what there is to do if you can't get a vet.

pinky

Cavy Slave
You can ask the vet to set up a payment plan for you. A 2 hour drive isn't unreasonable. Pets are a commitment and part of that is providing adequate care for them. If you are unwilling or unable to do that, you should surrender both of them and not bring another pet into the household until you can.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.