Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Skin Problems Can anyone tell what this might be? Fungus or Mites?

Jenifer Ann

Cavy Gazer
Hi, got a new baby from a friend who got him for her kids, but she doesn't think they can take good care of them so I took him in. I have him separated from my other boars atm b/c of this spot on his right hip. I didn't see any other spots on him anywhere, nothing on his face or paws.
Can anyone tell what this might be? Fungus or Mites?Can anyone tell what this might be? Fungus or Mites?

Thank you!

Ok, I will start that right away. I see on the page it says not to have wood chips b/c of the spores and that's what I have in the separate housing. What should I put in there for the time being until he is better? Anyone know?

I wouldn't worry much about it if I could change the bedding every day. If you can't, and if you have fleece, you could use that, but you'll also have to wash it daily.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.