Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids Baby proofing: At what age can it be removed?

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
I have my 6 week old sow, Sigyn, living with her parents.
They all get along wonderfully, but Sigyn has made a hobby out of spending her time trying to chew on all the cardboard used for baby proofing.
She is quite the bad influence and has now got her dad, Ikarus, joining in.

At what age will it be safe to take the baby proofing out???
I just weighed them all today and Sigyn is just breaking 350 grams. She was the runt of the two babies Freya had, but she is growing more and more each day!

lissie

Cavy Slave
I'd wait until she's 6 months old. Baby proofing is not just to prevent them from walking through the grids, it also prevents them from getting their heads stuck in the grids.

Lagertha

Cavy Slave
I'd wait until she's 6 months old. Baby proofing is not just to prevent them from walking through the grids, it also prevents them from getting their heads stuck in the grids.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wanted to be sure. I think I'll try and see if I can secure the cardboard on the outside of the grids with a bit of tape if they keep ripping it to pieces :p I love them to bits, but it's getting exhausting having to shoo them away from chewing it up every 10 minutes xD Like really guys? you have 2 STUFFED FULL hay mangers and you go for the cardboard?

CavyHouse

Cavy Slave
I had a guinea pig that weighed 700 grams get her head stuck in the grid so you need to wait until your piggy is considerably bigger than that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.