Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Diarrhea crumbley poop?

robinmosborne

Cavy Slave
I am a guinea pig newbie. We adopted Cuddles and Patches last Sunday from a guinea pig rescue and so far we have all been adapting really well. They are around 1 1/2 - 2 years old and are both female. I noticed today that in their cage they have like crumbled, dusty looking poop as well as their normal poop. Is this a sign of something wrong or could they just be smashing up their poop or something. They typically get Romaine lettuce, green pepper, zucchini, a small carrot each a day, and occasionally tomato and/or cucumber along with plenty of timothy hay and their pellet food. One of the girls, not sure which one, has sneezed once today and both of their noses are dry. Both are eating really well and are drinking lots of fresh water.

If it's just one sneeze i wouldn't worry to much but still always keep an eye for any kinds of signs as piggies will hide symptoms. on that topic have you made sure you have an exotic vet near you just incase.as for the poop issue sometimes mine will have theirs a little dry now and then I'm sure if you look on guinea lynx there might be something on it .good luck

I'm on guinea lynx as well and have posted this question there as well.I physically see them drink a lot and iI hand feed them their veggies since one of them is a little piggie and will steal food from the other. Plus I figure its a great way to bond and bribe them yo like me.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.