Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Urine Blood in urine

guineapig988

Cavy Slave
Last night, I was cleaning my pigs cage, and I set down clean fleece and let the pigs run around on it. After a few minutes I noticed a puddle of reddish looking urine. After a little while I noticed another small puddle, guessing one of them had a UTI I decided to plan on setting up a vet appointment this morning for Wednesday, and tried to figure out which of my two pigs had it. Sense it was late I went to bed a little after this happened and when I woke up there was no red spots on the fleece, making me think it could be oxidization. When I got home from school I put them in the playpen separately and waited for them to go pee and when they did they both had their normal yellowish urine. As of now I'm thinking I'm not gonna bring them to the vet but I just wanted to make sure that a UTI or a bladder stone isn't a possibility based on what happened. Thanks for the help.

Fay

Cavy Slave
When they urinated did it look like they were straining or in pain? Any changes in behaviour or eating/drinking less?

guineapig988

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the responses, my pigs are 3 years old so I'm guessing that's not what it was.
I haven't noticed any difference in behavior and they are still eating and drinking normally. They definitely don't look in pain while going, although one of mine seemed to be somewhat straining to go last night, I'm not sure if that's from me starring at her while going or something else.

mdodge

Cavy Slave
Fyi I just lost mine to what was thought to be possible bladder stones.he was treated back in November for blood in urine with some distress when urinating.conditions cleared but every now n then I noticed a little blood in urine.last week took him back because it increased and with distress again Dr since this was his second time thought it was stones he was back on antibiotics and was going to have xrays and got a price for surgery. he passed Sat but exrays showed he didn't have stones but either a cyst or tumer on his bladder or urinary tract that had ruptured.maybe a check up for piece of mind would be good.also he was 4 yrs old.

mdodge

Cavy Slave
Also what I usually do is I have a few white dish towels I use for them it makes it easier to help monitor Their urine

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.