Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions New piggie stress

new_cavy_owner

Cavy Slave
Hi there.

i am a new piggie owner.
I got my daughter a piggie about a month ago.
My daughter named him biscuit he had so many names till she decided on biscuit.
i have been wanting to get him a buddy and my own piggie so today we went and picked piggie 2 up from a breeder he is a male and my daughter named him as well so we now have Marie & Biscuit loll.

Biscuit is white, black and 1 strip of brown. And Marie is full brown with a white face.
my only concern is I introduced them my daughter held Marie and I had biscuit. After a while I put them in the cage together (I don't have separate cages) and biscuit has been trying to hump Marie from the front and back, climbing over him or nudging him so he goes under him if he is in the house biscuit climbs in to just climb over Marie.

i took biscuit out on his own for abit and spoke to him then put him back and he is abit calmer.
he has a pipein his cage to run through but he pushes Marie out so he is just sitting in the corner and biscuit keeps making sounds. But as soon as biscuit goes near Marie he squeeks loudly.

Iam am just worried biscuit hurts Marie. They seem fine now. Biscuit still making sounds and smelling Marie but not as bad as earlier.

advice would be appreciated.

thank you

new_cavy_owner

Cavy Slave
Thanks yes I did completely clean the cage before putting them in. They are both males. I had biscuit sexed by a breeder when I got him. I have read a few things on first introducting them to each other I unfortunately do not have 2 cages to separate them from each other. But had them both in a place they havnt been my daughter holding 1 and I the other with treats. Had them like that for just over an hour before I put them in the cage. My cage is the biggest I was above to buy from a pet store. So it's 1.2 x 400. They have a lot of room to run around as they both still smallish. We are going to be building our own bigger cage for when they start getting bigger and need more space.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.