Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage design ideas!

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
So I'm building a cage soon that's two full levels high. The cage can be 6.5 ft long by 3ft wide. I'm building it from scratch and need design ideas.

For example I'm going to be using the space under the ramp and putting in a hay bail and a little house under there. The cage is going to have plexie glass doors (more visibility) that fold down rather then to the side to make cleaning and access more easy as well as linoleum flooring and fleece bedding.

Any other ideas?

YinYangPiggies

Cavy Slave
Hmm...maybe make sure the top lifts off easily for cleaning & changing fleece. And maybe some push lights for the darker areas underneath?
Sound like it will be super! Looking forward to pix!

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
Hmm...maybe make sure the top lifts off easily for cleaning & changing fleece. And maybe some push lights for the darker areas underneath?
Sound like it will be super! Looking forward to pix!

I'm so excited to build it and am basing my ideas off of a cage your I saw on YouTube. The youtubers name is carrieslittlepiggies I believe :3 the only differences being I have boys, the two levels will be connected, and I'm gonna make a storage area underneath :3 but I'm trying to think of like little things I can put in the cage to keep them entertained. Like puzzles and stuff like that. One of my guinea pigs, puddles (he came with the name) is like super smart and is easily trainable and popcorned during training. I don't want him to get bored because he gets into trouble :/

MrCavyMadness

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Heres my cage. Its is also two level but they're connected so the boys can have both. Also my youtube channel is the same name as this account

Attachments

IMG_0448.jpg IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0453.jpg

CinnaAndNutmeg

Cavy Slave
I was just looking through some cage idea threads and wow the way you attached the levels is so cool! I'm really impressed haha. That's super creative!

mizzpiggie

Cavy Slave
Beautiful cage!

Do you have anything inside the PVC tube, or do they not have any trouble going up/down?

GuineaPigParty

Cavy Slave
Cage design ideas!

Are you looking for something like this?

DewOver

Cavy Slave
I'm building this but the underneath will have storage and the two levels will be connected

Doesn't look like the lower level would have much ventilation.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
Doesn't look like the lower level would have much ventilation.

I'm not sure what you mean? The entire top is open to allow ventilation.

DewOver

Cavy Slave

looks like the top of the lower level just has an opening a few inches wide around three sides.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
looks like the top of the lower level just has an opening a few inches wide around three sides.

That's not the exact cage I'll be building just a rough copy and I can assure you it's plenty of ventilation. I'm just looking for small ideas that could make the cage better

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave

The gap is half as large as the actual cage

MrCavyMadness

Cavy Slave
I was just looking through some cage idea threads and wow the way you attached the levels is so cool! I'm really impressed haha. That's super creative!
Sorry this is so late, But thank you!

MrCavyMadness

Cavy Slave
Beautiful cage!

Do you have anything inside the PVC tube, or do they not have any trouble going up/down?
The PVC Pipe is lined with a carpet/astro turf

pinky

Cavy Slave

I agree that there's not enough ventilation on the lower level. The lower level would have less cross ventilation than an aquarium because there's not much space between the upper level and bottom level. It's like having a lid on it with a little space around the front and sides.

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
I agree that there's not enough ventilation on the lower level. The lower level would have less cross ventilation than an aquarium because there's not much space between the upper level and bottom level. It's like having a lid on it with a little space around the front and sides.

Guys. I've seen cages like this one before. It's not like having a lid on top. There's enough space I could probably crawl threw not to mention the spacing where the door comes down. That entire front window folds down it's not like the walls are set in place. I'm not using chicken wire. My pigs are forever chewing on it and getting there feet stuck standing on it. I'm gonna use plexi glass. Not only all that but I change the fleece I'm my changes every other day and spot clean 2 times a day. They'll be fine.

LuvCavysLuvCats

Cavy Slave
@Lovecavy13 Are you sure it's carrieslittlepiggies? I tried looking that up on YouTube but only things about the three little pigs came up lol could you message me a link to her channel?

Lovecavy13

Cavy Slave
@Lovecavy13 Are you sure it's carrieslittlepiggies? I tried looking that up on YouTube but only things about the three little pigs came up lol could you message me a link to her channel?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.