Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Let's see your cage Pictures please.

LoveMyPigs25

Cavy Slave
Just did a clean out and thought I'd share cage pictures. It is a 2x9 with a 2x2 loft (kitchen hay area). I have 5 sows right now.
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Let's see your cage Pictures please.Let's see your cage Pictures please. The black cage is for my boys. the white is for my girl now becuase we had an accidental pregnancy and she is going to be due soon. Tonight I am expanding the white. I will upload later. (these are older because it used to be the other way arround) I dont think she is very very large so i am thinking she only has 2 or 3 pups. In put please :)

Pigglet_pose

Cavy Slave
View attachment 75577View attachment 75578 The black cage is for my boys. the white is for my girl now becuase we had an accidental pregnancy and she is going to be due soon. Tonight I am expanding the white. I will upload later. (these are older because it used to be the other way arround) I dont think she is very very large so i am thinking she only has 2 or 3 pups. In put please :)

Looks great! I heard the tunnel you have in the girls cage has a lot of sugar in it so you should monitor the chewing.

JellyBelly33

Cavy Slave
I just added coroplast this weekend to protect the wood on the sides from urine. I didn't think it would make much of a difference to the piggies, but they seem to enjoy the privacy the coroplast sides give them.:) I hope they will continue to like this arrangement!:D
Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Crazy as it sounds, I've had the tunnel for 3 months and there really isnt a lot of bites or nibbles in it, the only thing they really chew on is card board. Do you thing that's harmful?

robinmosborne

Cavy Slave
Like most I started out with too small of a cage. I bought it from the rescue place I got my piggies. This week we got out new Midwest cage and my piggies are so much happier. I currently have 40lbs of wood pellets at the bottom and two layers of fleece on top. Right now I am using binder clips to hold it up but I plan on hemming the fleece with an opening at each corner and putting a somewhat heavy metal rod in the hems so my piggies can't pull the fleece up. We will leave it open so we can slide the rods out to wash it. Hopefully the idea in my head will work.

wombats

Cavy Slave
Wow, what a smart idea! I'm sure the metal rods will work. If they're the length of whatever side you put them on, the piggies will have trouble moving it and it might also keep the fleece more taut when you spot-clean it, making it a bit easier for you :)

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Hi Guys! Speaking of cages... Is 69 grids going to be enough for my boys cage and my girls cage? Can someone post how they separated their girls and boys? I cannot wait to build mine! I am not sure how many momma is going to have and if i cannot find good homes then I will be keeping them all. So any advice is greatly appriciated.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
Hey all! This is my cage for my 1 yr old & 4 month old girls. It's a 2x5.5 originally a 2x5 with a 1x2 loft bought from this site.

1. Over view
2. Food area (Bailey Noel (1yr) is fully litter trained & I'm working on litter training Matchi (4 month old))
3. Tunnel/run area
4. Bed room
(PS - I know its a lot of pellets but Matchi needs unlimited & Bailey has an eating problem so the vet said to keep pellets 24/7 for her. They are both under weight as well. Also the fuzz has been removed as well)

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Hey all! This is my cage for my 1 yr old & 4 month old girls. It's a 2x5.5 originally a 2x5 with a 1x2 loft bought from this site.

1. Over view
2. Food area (Bailey Noel (1yr) is fully litter trained & I'm working on litter training Matchi (4 month old))
3. Tunnel/run area
4. Bed room
(PS - I know its a lot of pellets but Matchi needs unlimited & Bailey has an eating problem so the vet said to keep pellets 24/7 for her. They are both under weight as well. Also the fuzz has been removed as well)

My pigs eat the pellets but it takes them a while.. I have a really tiny bowl and they nibble a little but it takes them a fwe days to eat the entire thing.

joys_cavies

Cavy Slave
My pigs eat the pellets but it takes them a while.. I have a really tiny bowl and they nibble a little but it takes them a fwe days to eat the entire thing.
Oh no. I know some pigs eat the pellets and take a while, but Bailey actually has an eating disorder (3 vets & over $1000 dollars in tests alone later). And Matchi is only 4 months & drastically under weight from her old home

Cavies4EverEver

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Finally done with my first c&c with grids and all of the good stuff! I s have some accessories I need to buy but what do you think of the layout? Let's see your cage Pictures please.

Specialk

Cavy Gazer
Still in the building phase. These are 13 foot pens stacked made of plexiglass, 2 x 4, and melamine. Still working on bottle holders and hay racks.

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Specialk

Cavy Gazer
I made custom flippers for them also.

Simpsonspiggie8

Cavy Slave
Let's see your cage Pictures please.This is my cage! I'm planning on changing it though because my pig is a major bar chewer and I think I'm going to make a melamine and plexiglass cage

wombats

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh! That's a very pretty and well made cage--I love the layout and how everything matches...it looks very nice.

LoveMyHerd

Cavy Slave
I just added coroplast this weekend to protect the wood on the sides from urine. I didn't think it would make much of a difference to the piggies, but they seem to enjoy the privacy the coroplast sides give them.:) I hope they will continue to like this arrangement!:D
View attachment 75584
@JellyBelly33, not to be weird and random, but my room is that exact same color! Okay, weirdness over.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.