Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

How to Make a Cuddle Cup (requires sewing)

Wow that's a really cute cuddle cup!! I've always wanted to know how to make one ( well ever since I got guinea pigs ) and it does'nt look as hard as I thought it would. Thanks for the instructions:)

I have finally perfected it yay!! Thank you very much for this post xx

How to Make a Cuddle Cup (requires sewing)

Absoloutley wonderful I've been looking for instructions for ages!

Have any of you found that there is too much fleece in the bottom part - it is really wrinkly and you can just tell the measurement didn't turn out right? Maybe it's me and I have a problem with measuring, but it never turns out quite right or as beautiful as yours look!

I'm new here, could you add a picture of what it looks like when it's done because I have noooo idea what a cuddle cup is, and where/how do we sew the fabric? :) LOL

@sdpiggylvr
Mine didn't turn out either. I even made the inside piece of fleece smaller so it would fit but there was still a ton of fleece left but no cotton to line it up with. I hope I can someday make a perfect cuddle cup.

Oh these are perfect. I have to make these for my boys. My room gets cold in the winter easily so I always worry about them. These will help keep them warm.

Hi All,

I know its been said many times on this thread but thank you so much for these instructions and video, I've had this on my list of things to do for ages now and am going to get the materials and have a go myself. I do have 4 which I bought but now have 7 piggies so seems good sense to save money and make them myself.

I've got a few questions though and a few observations.

Batting in the UK is wadding and should be machine washable at 30 degrees.

I've been looking online for this to get a good price and it's listed in different weights, I know someone also asked a question about this but I didn't see the answer through the thread, which is best one to use? It's listed as 2, 4, 6, 9 and 14oz but doesn't describe the thickness. I've contacted the seller but got no reply so far.

The ones I've already got have been machine washed @ 30 degrees (no fabric conditioner as it's not good for the pigs) hundreds of times and through the tumble dryer and are only slightly floppy, I use bulldog clips to fasten them to the C&C cage wall which helps them stay upright.

I love all of the pictures of the ones you have all made so far, well done and thanks for the hints and tips, I hope mine turn out as good.

Hi All,

I know its been said many times on this thread but thank you so much for these instructions and video, I've had this on my list of things to do for ages now and am going to get the materials and have a go myself. I do have 4 which I bought but now have 7 piggies so seems good sense to save money and make them myself.

I've got a few questions though and a few observations.

Batting in the UK is wadding and should be machine washable at 30 degrees.

I've been looking online for this to get a good price and it's listed in different weights, I know someone also asked a question about this but I didn't see the answer through the thread, which is best one to use? It's listed as 2, 4, 6, 9 and 14oz but doesn't describe the thickness. I've contacted the seller but got no reply so far.

The ones I've already got have been machine washed @ 30 degrees (no fabric conditioner as it's not good for the pigs) hundreds of times and through the tumble dryer and are only slightly floppy, I use bulldog clips to fasten them to the C&C cage wall which helps them stay upright.

I love all of the pictures of the ones you have all made so far, well done and thanks for the hints and tips, I hope mine turn out as good.

Dunelm mill do 270g/9.5oz wadding for £3.49pm

This is what I make Guinea Pig Comfort's ......                                     so they know they are loved - Me and my herd

Thanks so much for the quick reply 3piggiepigs, that's exactly what I'm after then, they look like the ones I bought off ebay which have been great and still going strong. Will check that out tomorrow @ our Dunhelm.
Ps love the pictures of all your gorgeous guineas :eek:)

WOW 3piggiepigs, just checked out all of your products, they are fantastic, I know where to go If mine turn out wrong ha ha. Great job!!!!!

WOW 3piggiepigs, just checked out all of your products, they are fantastic, I know where to go If mine turn out wrong ha ha. Great job!!!!!

Thank you! I just get bored so start making new things, there is another place to get wadding from a little cheaper but on rolls (link is on other pc but I will try and post later) I also get fleece cheap from here tiaknight | eBay and if you need any help with anyhting i would be happy to help.

would quilting batting work for this?

Thank you! I just get bored so start making new things, there is another place to get wadding from a little cheaper but on rolls (link is on other pc but I will try and post later) I also get fleece cheap from here tiaknight | eBay and if you need any help with anyhting i would be happy to help.

Thanks, I already have tiaknight on my favourite sellers ha ha, I found a bulk seller for the wadding and fleece as I'm also making cage pads and liners for my large indoor pen so will be getting at least 25m of fleece, have seen some from treelineproductsuk-ebay.

would quilting batting work for this?
We've figured that 9oz grade batting (wadding UK) is the best one for this to keep the shape better, not sure which weight/grade you would use for quilting, hope this helps.

I think batting and wadding are the same thing?

I really wish I knew how to sew so I could make one of these!

They are not hard do it by hand, practice on some old material first. I'm sure you can do it.

Well I went to Dunhelm mill today and spent a small fortune ha ha. I got the 270g (£3.49 per metre) wadding for the cosy cups and also some 70g (£1.49 per metre) wadding ready for when I make the cage pads.
I chose a heavier weight poly/cotton blend fabric for the outside of the cosies and will have fleece inners.
They are selling off the summer picnic fleeces, nice quality pastel polka dot ones 140cm X 200cm reduced to £3.99 so that works out at only £2 per metre, fleece on a roll is much more expensive! So I bought 9 of these. I know there are cheaper fleeces out there but I like the quality of these ones.
They also have some which are plastic backed, these are plain pastel colours and 140cm X 150 cm and only £1.99 each. I bought four of these to line their indoor playpen.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.